Windows 10: Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work

Discus and support Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to install games it tries to put them in my "pictures" or in "recipes" for instance soo I can't get any of them them to work... how can this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VirginiaDunn, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work

When I try to install games it tries to put them in my "pictures" or in "recipes" for instance soo I can't get any of them them to work... how can this be fixed?? I am 78 soo please make the answer easy,,, Thanks so much for your help!!!

:)

VirginiaDunn, Feb 1, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 1, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work

1. Games or anything else needing to be installed doesn't work - Similar Threads - Games anything else

2. Ran a scan, is there anything else I need to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran a scan, is there anything else I need to do?: A few minutes ago, I turned off my computer and got an error where I had to click OK to terminate the program. I chose to look into this more and it seems that I had some damaged files. I tried running a sfc scan, but the window instantly closes, so I ran a scannow command...
  3. Ran a scan, is there anything else I need to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran a scan, is there anything else I need to do?: A few minutes ago, I turned off my computer and got an error where I had to click OK to terminate the program. I chose to look into this more and it seems that I had some damaged files. I tried running a sfc scan, but the window instantly closes, so I ran a scannow command...
  4. Network doesn’t work in games but anything else works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network doesn’t work in games but anything else works fine: I had problem for like two weeks, i can surf network fine but when i try to play games it doesn’t connect to network, i tried different games and different networks, it is the same problem, also i tried to reset network and that didn’t help, i also reinstall network adapter...
  5. Network doesn’t work in games but anything else works fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network doesn’t work in games but anything else works fine: I had problem for like two weeks, i can surf network fine but when i try to play games it doesn’t connect to network, i tried different games and different networks, it is the same problem, also i tried to reset network and that didn’t help, i also reinstall network adapter...
  6. Network doesn’t work in games but anything else works fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Googles .com not working but .cm or anything else is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Googles .com not working but .cm or anything else is: So this is an odd one or at least for me it is on my network we have WAP's setup and one of them wont connect to google.com but will connect to any other counties .cm, .cl etc. this only happens on one WAP its a Cisco Aironet 1250 Series Access Point. I should say as well...
  8. Googles .com not working but .cm or anything else is

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Googles .com not working but .cm or anything else is: So this is an odd one or at least for me it is on my network we have WAP's setup and one of them wont connect to google.com but will connect to any other counties .cm, .cl etc. this only happens on one WAP its a Cisco Aironet 1250 Series Access Point. I should say as well...
  9. webcam not working on anything else but discord

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    webcam not working on anything else but discord: my webcam works on discord but not camera app or obs submitted by /u/Alex_OHara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jg37nl/webcam_not_working_on_anything_else_but_discord/
  10. Sync not working in Edge or anything else?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync not working in Edge or anything else?: I want Windows 10 to sync my passwords and favorites and shortcuts in Edge between my laptop and desktop. I believe I have the settings correct but still no sync. Can you help me fix this? Thanks, Terry[ATTACH] [IMG]...