Windows 10: Games performance after Win updates.

Discus and support Games performance after Win updates. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Youssuf Elhadidy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Games performance after Win updates.

Hey,

This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago.

Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images.

The only fix that I`ve then was to use fullscreen mode with all of my games just to pybass this problem.

THEN, the problem was with both cards Intel and AMD. (I`ve a laptop with an integrated intel card and another AMD). as was solved by switching to fullscreen mode.

NOW, the problem is standing. And, up till now, no solution not even the fullscreen mode. Even that was ruined.

As the pics show below, there is a severe flickering and terring in the game and it`s only visible when taking a screenshot and not in gamebar.

This happens with every single game I`ve even FIFA 07.

My AMD is HD Radeon 7600M, AMD branded it a legacy card and no further updates was released after the 16.2.1 beta Crimson. EVEN THOUGH in a game like AC Origins I was able to play for 79 HOURS on very low settings and the game was playable I even purchased a DLC for the game. yet Creators update ruined it and then the October update wasted it.

It tryed the following

1- Fresh installation of windows. (The windows then was updated before the Oct was pulled and the rig now running on that Oct update)

2- Fresh installation on both intel and AMD drivers using various tolls including Revo Uninstaller and DDU.

3- Disabling Game mode and game bar.

4- Disable the full screen optimization for the properties of the game.

5- Changing the power plan.

6- Installing 3rd party program to check the the versions of the drivers and even the gaming programs.

7- Changing the taskbar size and position (one user said it could help while googling the issue).

Games running

AC, Origins, Black Fag, III, Unity.

The Witcher Wild Hunt

FIFA 7, 16

And Watch Dogs 2

If you say the problem is with my specs, I tell you some games were running well before the updates and even still FIFA 07 doesn`t demand 6 GB Ram, I5 processor, 7600M AMD Card.

PLEASE, Help. Games don`t run without this issue happening and If I even had had the Win 8, I`d have converted few months ago and was done with the pain Win 10 is causing every now and then.

I`ve not played any game since the updates or even after a fresh installation of new Windows. I can play only FIFA 07 as it can be played as the flickering isn`t causing this much FPS dop compared to other games, on one hand as the rig is way more powerful than the game needs, on the other, the FPS drop is by 20 and it gives me about 33 FPS.

THE REASON I`M USING AC Origins IN THE SCREENSHOTS AS THE FLICKERING IS VERY NOTICEABLE IN IT COMPARING TO OTHER GAMES. Games performance after Win updates. 02721757-b6d3-4eb7-accf-94a7cb958738?upload=true.jpg Games performance after Win updates. b5cabe53-b253-40b0-8dfe-ceb03e761ee8?upload=true.png Games performance after Win updates. f4e3525a-d197-49df-8918-1201a8c9df5c?upload=true.jpg

:)

Youssuf Elhadidy, Oct 10, 2018

2. Severe performance issues after update to Windows 10

Hi,

Having an outdated graphics card is one of the possible reasons why you are having low FPS. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you perform the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Window Store.

Click here

Step 2: How to disable Game bar

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game bar.
    • Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns Off.

Step 3: How to disable Game DVR.

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Gaming.
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Click the switch below Record in the background while I'm playing a game so that it turns Off.

Step 4: Update the Graphics Card Driver.

• Open the Win + X menu by pressing the Win key + X hotkey.
    • Select Device Manager on the Win + X menu.
    • Now click Display adapters on the Device Manager window.
    • Right-click the listed graphics card to open the context menu, and select the Update driver option.
    • Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option on the Update Drivers window.
    • If Windows finds anything, follow the further guidelines to install the driver; and then restart Windows.

If the issue persists, kindly try to uninstall and reinstall your graphics card driver.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Games performance after Win updates.

In-game performance problem

Hi Kamil,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing performance issues when playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Windows 10. It is possible that your graphics card is not updated or the Windows Update is not completely installed. Another possible reason
    could be the apps running in the background while you are using your computer. To resolve your concern, turn off or disable the Game bar by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to go to the
      Settings
      menu.
    • Click on Gaming and select Game bar.
    • Toggle Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.
    • Uncheck Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified.

Make sure that your graphics card driver is updated by following the steps on this

link
    . If there are no available updates, you may visit the graphics card manufacturer's support page and download the most updated driver manually.

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Games performance after Win updates.

1. Games performance after Win updates. - Similar Threads - Games performance updates

2. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: [ATTACH] Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game (Roblox) was running on low fps (1-5 fps). He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made...
  3. Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 8 To Win 10 Update Broke Gaming Performance: Hi, recently my brother wanted his laptop to be upgraded to windows 10 because a lot of apps didn't support windows 8. Couple of minutes later he told me that a game Roblox was running on low fps 1-5 fps. He said It wasn't like this on windows 8. I've made sure all drivers...
  4. Poor game performance after recent updates

Poor game performance after recent updates: My games, specifically Rockstar games, started freezing and stuttering after april's udates. After uninstalling Windows Defender Antivirus update things became better, but still worse than before. Please, help....
  5. low gaming performance win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    low gaming performance win 10: I made a post earlier but no help now in game I click task manager and searchui.exe pops up suddenly it drops my frames in game and lags I disabled cortana but again this thing showed up again plz help...
  6. low gaming performance win 10

low gaming performance win 10: ok so I created a post before for this but no help here is the screenshot of cpu usage while in game these svchosts take cpu as well in game why so [ATTACH]...
  7. Performance and annoyances after Win updates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance and annoyances after Win updates: Hi, It"s no longer news, but the latest Windows updates have played havoc with many a computer: files no longer sticking to pre-established applications but reverting to Microsoft own apps (Edge vs. Adobe or current graphic files opening on MS's clunky Paint 3D being flagrant...
  8. Win Defender performance and gaming rigs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Defender performance and gaming rigs: Hello. I have been doing some benchmarks while playing Grim Dawn (I know this game is famous for hating hyperthreading) and found out that General performance (for cpu, disk, etc) with Windows Defender (w10 v1809 17763.134) is 10% slower when compared to AVAST for instance....
  9. low gaming performance after october update

low gaming performance after october update: ok so I play battlefield 3 now the problem is it feels laggy during gameplay like it is hanging occassionaly it was not there before also some svchost is running when I start playing i5 2500 16gb ram asus gtx770 2gb Samsung evo 860 evo ssd...
  10. Game performance problems after update 586.11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game performance problems after update 586.11: After the big November update (build 586.11) I started having problems with all games slowing down to a crawl. I have a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon R7 and a Core I7 CPU and I never had any problems before this update. So far I've tried a sfc scan, installing...