Windows 10: Games randomly minimizing

Discus and support Games randomly minimizing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, over the past week, games randomly minimize to desktop. I added a custom resolution and think it may be causing issues somehow, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Josgre987, May 17, 2020.

1. Games randomly minimizing

Recently, over the past week, games randomly minimize to desktop. I added a custom resolution and think it may be causing issues somehow, even though it should only effect the games that use that resolution. I have gamemode turned off, and im not sure what to do.

Any advice would be great. Would restoring to a previous version be harmful or helpful? how far back should I go?

submitted by /u/Josgre987
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Josgre987, May 17, 2020

2. Games minimizing and apps closing randomly.

Since my last update, approx. 19 March 2018, my games keep minimizing and some applications close randomly.

Please advise.

AndrewMercury, May 17, 2020
  3. Games minimizing randomly

This is a problem due to an application named "ipconfig.exe" which pops up for less than a second and minimizes game, it appears after a scheduled time to reset the public IP.

This problem generally arises due to use of some obsolete third-party application software to hide the public IP address. Possible solutions :

• Uninstalling that software can be a fix
    • Full reset

Cyber Skeleton, May 17, 2020
  4. Games randomly minimizing

Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Games randomly minimizing

1. Games randomly minimizing - Similar Threads - Games randomly minimizing

2. Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update: Been having anoying Games Randomly Minimizing, For breaf sec i seen cmd appear n disaper and notification do it to....I Tryed all Posibal Fixes.. Removed OBS i only streamed twice last week, done Both checkheath and sfc scanow, did say it fixed some files, I done malware and...
  3. Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update: Been having anoying Games Randomly Minimizing, For breaf sec i seen cmd appear n disaper and notification do it to....I Tryed all Posibal Fixes.. Removed OBS i only streamed twice last week, done Both checkheath and sfc scanow, did say it fixed some files, I done malware and...
  4. Game Minimized Randomly and Cant install Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.: Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed, but those are unnacceptable fixes for me as performance suffers a bunch. I have tried re-installing games, disabling overlays,...
  6. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  7. Games minimizing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing at random: Hello. I have an issue that while playing any game in full screen it minimizes without crashing (most of the time). I have seen several posts in various places about this after googling it but i have not found a solution to the problem. Most of them suggest disabling an...
  8. My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps minimizing games automatically at random times: This issue had just started to happen. It currently happens with Bendy and the Ink Machine, Team Fortress 2, Terraria and Minecraft just to name a few. I had already tried restarting my PC and pressing the Windows button and X (no dialogue box appears) I had looked at...
  9. minimizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimizing games: when i minimize a game in windows, the game doesnt minimize but instead, the taskbar appears at the bottom of my screen and the game stays in the background, please help me fix it http://peecee.dk/uploads/112016/minimize.png 68482
  10. Minimize Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimize Games: i can't minimize games in win10, when the game have same resolution from desktop. anyone know how fix ? 24572