Windows 10: Games run slow unless I force directx12

Discus and support Games run slow unless I force directx12 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TimHardemanNL, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Games run slow unless I force directx12

My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has issues running any game I try.It has no issues outside of running games, other things work just fine.The games run at about ~15 fps, while I should be easily able to run them.I have been able to fix 2 games using steam flagsGames run slow unless I force directx12 :Dead by Daylight by using the -dx12 flagRimworld by using the -force-d3d12So both of these flags force the game to run using directx12, but I have no idea why this works. I would force every game to run in directx12 if I could,

:)

TimHardemanNL, Apr 3, 2022

2. DirectX12 compatible with DirectX11 games (Fortnite)?

I recently downloaded Fortnite, but cannot launch it. Whenever I try to launch it, it says that the engine requires DirectX11. I checked my DirectX and it says that I have DirectX12. A lot of threads say that Fortnite runs on DirectX12, too. Can Fortnite
    run on DirectX12? If not, can I switch to DirectX11? I also have a bad feeling that it's my GPU. I currently have integrated Intel UHD graphics.

LoganJones3, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Games run slow unless I force directx12

What's the problem with Directx12?

Hi Microsoft. I have dire question that needs addressing.

"What's the problem with Microsoft Directx 12 API as far as compatibility issues?"

Directx12 as we know has been around 5 years since the release of Microsoft 10. No matter what graphics card is used or what configurations are set, when Directx12 API is loaded, regardless of what type of game is played, it always crashes. Frozen screen.

Over the years, there have been countless gaming forums on the internet of thousands of gamers having the same issue; no one has ever gotten Directx12 to work in any game successful ever.

With a 2080 TI, I can't even enable raytracing without Directx12 in Control by 505 games. Like everyone else, with Directx12, the issue has gone on for years.

So my question is:

1.why is why is Directx12 offered in games if no one can use it?

2. Does Microsoft have any knowledge of this issue?

I will send this message to NVIDIA as well. I want to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for reading and understanding the issue. Please respond whenever possible.

Good Monty, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Games run slow unless I force directx12

1. Games run slow unless I force directx12 - Similar Threads - Games run slow

2. I cannot run games that use Directx11 even though I have Directx12 installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot run games that use Directx11 even though I have Directx12 installed.: I just recently built my first pc, it has an AMD 7600 GPU and a Radeon 7800xt GPU. The GPU has Directx12 enabled, I checked with dxdiag, but I am unable to play games such as Rainbow 6 Siege and War Thunder because they do not use Directx12. Every time I go to launch either...
  3. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  4. DirectX12 not working for some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 not working for some games: Hey all. I just built a new pc, and I'm having trouble launching some games that require DirectX12. I've tried using SFC tool, dxdiag, and running the directX installer, but I still can't play some games. Sometimes it says, FAILED TO LOAD LIBRARY, DSOUND.DLLThere was a memory...
  5. DirectX12 not working for some games

DirectX12 not working for some games: Hey all. I just built a new pc, and I'm having trouble launching some games that require DirectX12. I've tried using SFC tool, dxdiag, and running the directX installer, but I still can't play some games. Sometimes it says, FAILED TO LOAD LIBRARY, DSOUND.DLLThere was a memory...
  6. Games run slow unless I force directx12

Games run slow unless I force directx12: My pc suddenly has problems running a lot of games, while it's specs are quite high.It used to be able to run almost any game, but it currently has issues running any game I try.It has no issues outside of running games, other things work just fine.The games run at about ~15...
  7. Games running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games running slow: Hi Recently all of my games have started running slow in my laptop on windows 10 before a month the games used to work fine but now usually there is a lot of lag but sometimes they work fine, the games I play are Valorant and watch dogs 2Please helpRegards...
  8. I have Directx12 but the games wont let me play them unless I have Directx11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Directx12 but the games wont let me play them unless I have Directx11.: I am trying to play a game that needs Directx11, it will not let me play it unless I find a way to download it. Unfortunately, I don't have a way, I've tried old questions that have been answered on these Forums but all the links give me the Error 404 page. Please help me....
  9. Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to run a game unless I reboot my PC: I've had this PC for around 10 months now, almost a year. I download a lot of games, some piratedfrom trusted pirate sites. I was playing RE2 Remake a few days ago, when the game crashed. When I started it again it shows only a black screen and an error. I restarted my PC, I...
  10. Directx12 cant run dx11

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Directx12 cant run dx11: My computer has dx12 installed but when i try to run some games it says a dx11 card is required to play. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx12-cant-run-dx11/1c3b8abd-3ccf-4aa9-9f5d-4d679a7c331d