Windows 10: Games running for less than half the usual fps

Discus and support Games running for less than half the usual fps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ViableChief447, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Games running for less than half the usual fps

Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second and then started running at 20-30 fps. I have tried clean booting, nothing. All my games started suddenly running slow like that. On the menu of the game, i have normal 60 fps but when i load the in-game world it drops to 30 fps max. Can you help me?

:)

ViableChief447, Dec 20, 2019

2. My games run with horrible fps after upgrading to Windows 10

I own a gaming computer that has never ran into fps problems in the past due to its hardware. Yesterday all of my games played perfectly fine without any form of fps problems. When I updated to windows 10 today I was very excited and after configuring
    all my settings I went to play one of my games to find that they now run at a fps so low that I cannot even play my games now! None of my steam games work now. Any suggestions on a fix?

NathanLangston, Dec 20, 2019
  3. GAMES RUNNING ON LOW FPS AFTER UPDATE

Hi PANDA,

Having an outdated Graphics driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having low frames per second (FPS) while playing games. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Update your drivers using the link below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Solution 2: Disable Game bar.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click Gaming (Game bar, DVR, broadcasting, Game Mode).
    3. Toggle the "ON" switch under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to “Off”.
    4. Uncheck the "Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified" checkbox.

Solution 3: Turn off the Game DVR.

1. Click the Start button, and then type Xbox app to open it.
    2. Go to Settings.
    3. Click Game DVR.
    4. Make sure that the "Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR" selection is "Off"

Solution 4: Perform a clean boot on your device. Kindly refer to this link for the steps.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Games running for less than half the usual fps

drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Games running for less than half the usual fps

1. Games running for less than half the usual fps - Similar Threads - Games running less

2. Less GPU Memory than Default in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Less GPU Memory than Default in games: Hi! I have an AMD Radeon 530 with 2GB VRam.I wanted to play some games, and it got me thinking, why does games like Stray say I only have 1.7gb VRAM while I have 2gb? Any help is appreciated !Thanks!...
  3. Less GPU Memory than Default in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Less GPU Memory than Default in games: Hi! I have an AMD Radeon 530 with 2GB VRam.I wanted to play some games, and it got me thinking, why does games like Stray say I only have 1.7gb VRAM while I have 2gb? Any help is appreciated !Thanks!...
  4. Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Out of the sudden my games run in 5 fps or even less ?!: I'm literally panicking right now, I don't know what is happening but all out of the sudden every game I play works in 5 fps, I tried anything. A N Y T H I N G, but nothing works !!! my graphics card is a gtx 1650. I don't know what is happening and I've been panicking for...
  5. CPU running hotter than usual while running any task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU running hotter than usual while running any task: Hi. I have an MSI GL63 laptop with i7 9750h and gtx 1660ti. The laptop has good thermals and I have undervolted it to -130mv using throttlestop. The game that I play most often is FIFA 19. Usually, while running this game with max fans the CPU temperatures used to stay under...
  6. Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet less than half speed connected to ETHERNET: I have two custom pc's. Both have similar issues. Suppose to be getting 1gb internet speed, but am constantly only pulling ~200 to 300mbs. I have checked and replaced cat cables, I have reset modem and router, I have updated and checked drivers, I have booted from linux live...
  7. both recently updated windows devices are running at less than half connection speed while...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    both recently updated windows devices are running at less than half connection speed while...: could this be due to a windows update? submitted by /u/MLGesusRice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkjixg/both_recently_updated_windows_devices_are_running/
  8. Windows 10 makes all my games run with half a FPS. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 makes all my games run with half a FPS. HELP!: All the games i could previously play on 100 FPS or more now run with like a single frame a second. Why is this, and how can i fix it? 11195
  9. USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes still

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes still: I can't believe that after a year and a half still Microsoft will not fix the USB drive sleep problem. I use an external Raid box with 4 HDs. It takes about a minute to awake after the Windows 10 boat anchor puts it to sleep. When I am working on a file I probably save about...
  10. USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive sleeps in less than 3 and a half minutes: I am astounded that Microsoft won't let us choose whether or not our USB drive goes to sleep. It sleeps in less than 3.5 minutes. I'm working on a file, and every time I want to save changes I have to wait for the drive to spin up before I can continue. It's like being back...