Windows 10: Games running Poorly.

Discus and support Games running Poorly. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since the latest update, games that were once running smoothly (60-120fps) are now struggling to get to 40-30fps. I was on the phone all day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DevilsCurlyHair, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Games running Poorly.

Ever since the latest update, games that were once running smoothly (60-120fps) are now struggling to get to 40-30fps. I was on the phone all day yesterday with Nividia and of course they say the problem is with the windows update. I’ve rolled my drivers back twice, same result. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the graphic drivers, same result. I have an i7 4770 processor and GeForce GTX 1070. I’ve never had this issue before. I went from getting 102-60fps on the Tower in Destiny 2, to only getting 24-30fps. Jedi fallen order on its lowest settings is only getting 24-30fps. My processor may be old but that doesn’t explain why games that were running perfectly, now run horribly.

Is there anything I can do?

submitted by /u/DevilsCurlyHair
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DevilsCurlyHair, Nov 18, 2019

2. E65 - Some games run poorly

Hey on my e65 a lot of the 3d games run poorly, as in they lag and it makes them a pain to play.

Does this happen with everyone or is it just my phone?

Any way to fix it?

Thanks

joe123---01, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Games running Poorly.

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Games running Poorly.

1. Games running Poorly. - Similar Threads - Games running Poorly

2. Why does Windows run so poorly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows run so poorly?: I just reinstalled windows on my computer since my SSD crashed. For now it's on an HDD and my god is this running horribly. It takes at least 5 minutes to boot up and then for another 5 my right click loads. I'm not sure if this is the harddrive but I doubt it considering...
  3. Poor Performance due to Irrelevant Services Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor Performance due to Irrelevant Services Running: I own few Low End Systems, i am quite fed up with illogical Services ruining my experience on a already cut-throat system, i want a proper triggered execution of services, for example on this system from which i am typing this, this laptop has no biometric devices such as...
  4. Poor sound quality when gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor sound quality when gaming: I have excellent sound when im not focused into a game. But as soon as i get into a video game the sound quality of music and other applications gets really poor. submitted by /u/SuperMurloc1337 [link] [comments]...
  5. Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!: I tried Crysis 3 in both win 10 and win 8.1 . In 8.1 the game run much better 170 FPS but in win 10 stock at 64 for some reason. View Poll submitted by /u/Medium_Web6083 [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop running poorly for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running poorly for gaming: An update for Geforce and Windows came about, so I updated them both and restarted my laptop. I went to play some games afterwards then suddenly I noticed a major frame drop issue... What I did was I checked to see if my drivers are up to date (which they are), checked my...
  7. Poor performance in games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor performance in games in Windows 10: Hello. I have switched to Windows 10 after a complete installation including activation and latest updates (1809 version) but the problem is it is not providing the performance i deserve. I am only getting 60 to 80 fps in Csgo and major fps drops in other games including...
  8. Poor sound on Game Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Poor sound on Game Player: I sometimes use the Win 10 Game Player to record on line videos but the sound is always crackly and indistinct. Is there a specific driver for this as I've not dealt with it before ? Thanks...
  9. Poor game performance on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor game performance on Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 back when it launched in August 2015, gaming and everything was fine for me, games and apps. I was satisfied with the upgrade. However, sometime around the November or the Anniversary Update, I noticed that games that easily pull off 30 or...
  10. Poor gaming performance, with a higher-end computer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Poor gaming performance, with a higher-end computer?: Just migrated from Sevenforums to here. Also updated my system specs. I'm lacking game performance despite having, I would consider, a decent system. Problem is the game temporarily freezing. I don't have FPS issues, just the game freezing and causing a 3 - 15 second delay...