Windows 10: Games running slow

Discus and support Games running slow in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Recently all of my games have started running slow in my laptop on windows 10 before a month the games used to work fine but now usually there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TalalIqbal, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Games running slow

Hi Recently all of my games have started running slow in my laptop on windows 10 before a month the games used to work fine but now usually there is a lot of lag but sometimes they work fine, the games I play are Valorant and watch dogs 2Please helpRegards

:)

TalalIqbal, Apr 23, 2021

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Slow running games

Hi All

Just hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having. All of a sudden every single game I run (apart from online) is running so slow that it is impossible to play them. It first appeared whilst running Bigfish games. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
    the game manager 3 times, uninstalled the game and reinstalled twice still so slow I can't play, some other games are also running very very slow.

Thanks in advance

Belinda

BelindaM_2014, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Games running slow

Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Games running slow

1. Games running slow - Similar Threads - Games running slow

2. Games are running slow now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are running slow now: HiRecently I have been having issues with my pc, basically, first my psu was fried a few months back and now my hard drive is acting weird or it's my pc, it acts likes my hard drive doesn't exist, I don't really know what the problem is, but when I flip my pc sideways,...
  3. Games are running slow now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are running slow now: HiRecently I have been having issues with my pc, basically, first my psu was fried a few months back and now my hard drive is acting weird or it's my pc, it acts likes my hard drive doesn't exist, I don't really know what the problem is, but when I flip my pc sideways,...
  4. Games are running slow now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. game running slow after reinstalling windows

game running slow after reinstalling windows: when i play the long drive i have 35-45 fps but when i installed windows again my game is running extremly slowpc 110-15ACL Laptop ideapad - Type 80TJ...
  6. Why are games running slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are games running slow.: Hello, I have a Radeon RX 6700 XT MEECH 2X 12G OC graphics card. When I try to run simple games, my fps is super low, like tops is 20. I've watched videos, online tutorials, nothing is working. I've even purchased new cards tot test, and none work. I also reinstalled the...
  7. Why are games running slow.

Why are games running slow.: Hello, I have a Radeon RX 6700 XT MEECH 2X 12G OC graphics card. When I try to run simple games, my fps is super low, like tops is 20. I've watched videos, online tutorials, nothing is working. I've even purchased new cards tot test, and none work. I also reinstalled the...
  8. Why are games running slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. my games on face running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my games on face running slow: just got windows 10 I have tried every thing nothing works slotomaina runs slow I have no I idea what to do can not go back to windows 7 because computers is widows computer is windows 10 please help...
  10. hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion running slow with websites and gaming: i have an hp pavilion desktop 510-a010, and I purchased it 2 years ago, back in late august of 2016. ever since I have had it, I have noticed that it is pretty impossible to play a game on this computer, and a lot of websites I go on to read, shop, etc. lag often. the only...