Windows 10: Games running smoother than windows

Discus and support Games running smoother than windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I own an Asus TUF FX505DT with a GTX 1650 (dedicated) and a Vega 8 (integrated) but I get less frames in windows than I get in demanding games! I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShayanAMR2, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Games running smoother than windows

So I own an Asus TUF FX505DT with a GTX 1650 (dedicated) and a Vega 8 (integrated) but I get less frames in windows than I get in demanding games! I tried the following things as well so if you have any more suggestions I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Updated GTX 1650 drivers using GeForce Experience
    Updated Vega 8 drivers using AMD Radeon software
    Updated almost all drivers with window's device manager

submitted by /u/ShayanAMR2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShayanAMR2, Apr 7, 2021

2. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Games running smoother than windows

Problems with running games

Hi Declan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try installing games in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once
      this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Games running smoother than windows

1. Games running smoother than windows - Similar Threads - Games running smoother

2. Why video from monitors at 60 Hz looks smoother than the Windows 11 interface,help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why video from monitors at 60 Hz looks smoother than the Windows 11 interface,help!: I have searched for a lot of information about this but have not found anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-video-from-monitors-at-60-hz-looks-smoother/545eecb1-175d-4f3b-809d-e64fb37e34a6
  3. Why video from monitors at 60 Hz looks smoother than the Windows 11 interface,help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why video from monitors at 60 Hz looks smoother than the Windows 11 interface,help!: I have searched for a lot of information about this but have not found anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-video-from-monitors-at-60-hz-looks-smoother/545eecb1-175d-4f3b-809d-e64fb37e34a6
  4. help me to run windows 10 smoother!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help me to run windows 10 smoother!: so, i recently performed a clean install of windows 10 on my desktop. every time i open start, it opens with a laggy animation. i have good hardware specifications. but the problem is that windows 10 is not recognising the hardware. i am sure it is because i do not have...
  5. Games on windows running two times slower than normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on windows running two times slower than normal: My games on windows from nowhere are running two times slower than normal and it is for all games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-on-windows-running-two-times-slower-than/857a3ec6-52e3-4221-8714-8d34bd1d978d
  6. How to make my Windows 10 PC Run faster/smoother with 4GB ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make my Windows 10 PC Run faster/smoother with 4GB ram: My PC is not running well. Though you can run many apps5 apps before ram issues start, 4GB ram isn't enough to run both Unity and VS studio. VS Studio just takes a long time and it normally crashes after I go to unity and start play modethe mode where you can your game which...
  7. Make laptop run smoother

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make laptop run smoother: I want to make my laptop run smoother for stop lagging. Should I delete all files in App Data / Local / Temp or keep it ?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-laptop-run-smoother/68ecbe91-48f8-4a32-8a93-e68d60d577bb
  8. How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make my old PC run Windows 10 run smoother?: I've got an old pc bought back in 2011. Spec: Intel Dual Core 2.8Ghz (E5500) Ram: 3 Gigs DDR3 HDD: 7200RPM GPU: Intel G41 Express Chipset. Put Windows 10 Pro on it, idle ram usage is about 1.5 Gigs. Choked when performing normal tasks. Currently, Kubuntu 20.04...
  9. Games running for less than half the usual fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games running for less than half the usual fps: Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second...
  10. COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COD Ghost runs smoother in Win7 than Win10: You can move this thread to where it belongs. I know this is best posted in a Gaming Forum but I thought it might elicit some thoughts here as well. I haven't played COD Ghost for a couple of years but since I upgraded to my FX-8350 I thought I'd give it a try and in...