Windows 10: Games slow on 1809

Discus and support Games slow on 1809 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The last build that games work properly on. [img] Two Windows on same machine, just separate SSDs. One is this standard 1809 clean installation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CountMike, Mar 5, 2019.

1. CountMike Win User

Games slow on 1809

The last build that games work properly on.

Games slow on 1809 [​IMG]

Two Windows on same machine, just separate SSDs. One is this standard 1809 clean installation and other one last Skippy but now I'm talking only about this normal 1809.
    So, as I said, same machine, same drivers, same settings and if updated to any newer build, "heavier games like CoD MW3 and Black Ops run like piece of you know what !!! FPs is down to 20-40 (instead of 100+on this build),
    On this build 100+ FPS even if CPU is underclocked to 2,5GHz, RAM to 2133MHz and GPU way downclocked.
    If any newer updates are installed those games run at 20 - 40 FPS and is so jerky it's unplayable. I mean I move mouse a bit and it takes a second for anything to move and than moves by half the screen. Even full OC, CPU to 4.3GHz, RAM 3600MHz as well as heavy GPU OC doesn't help much.
    Edit:
    Benchmarks are almost same on any build.

:)

CountMike, Mar 5, 2019

2. games

Hi Ian,

Since this issue started after installing an update, software incompatibility could be a possible cause why some of your games are running slow. For us provide an effective resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which version, build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What are the games that are running slow on your device? Kindly provide us the list of the games affected by the issue.
    • What is the specific update that was installed on your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you getting any error message when you are trying to run the games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 5, 2019
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Games slow on 1809

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Games slow on 1809

1. Games slow on 1809 - Similar Threads - Games slow 1809

2. Games running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games running slow: Hi Recently all of my games have started running slow in my laptop on windows 10 before a month the games used to work fine but now usually there is a lot of lag but sometimes they work fine, the games I play are Valorant and watch dogs 2Please helpRegards...
  3. 1809 update folders open slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1809 update folders open slow: After I updated to 1809 when I click on my pictures folder it doesn't open or it takes forever to open or I just have to click it again to open. Did this update slow stuff down or what? Thanks for any input or help. 128778
  4. 1809 weak gaming perfomance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809 weak gaming perfomance: try all the windows 10 builds since windows 10 was released the 1709 is faster of the 1809 build by a lot & less bugged but since I can't stop microsoft to upgrade my 1709 to 1809 I was force to downgrade to windows 7 today I try to compare windows 10 - 1809 build to...
  5. Windows 10 1809 Slow to Sleep and Slow to Wakeup

Windows 10 1809 Slow to Sleep and Slow to Wakeup: I've posted this question on the ThinkPad forums with no useful answers. I have a new ThinkPad P52 Xeon E-2176M, 32 GB memory, NVMe SSD Samsung 970 EVO. Pretty much the fastest laptop you can currently get. The setup was redone from scratch (not the Lenovo image) with the...
  6. Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809

Virtualization and gaming very slow on 1809: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows on my laptop to get 1809 before Windows Update got it. Everything is quite fast as before, but Linux Virtualbox VMs and all big games (GTAV, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 3) have unacceptable lag that makes them near unusable. VMs have a roughly...
  7. Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot

Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot: I have done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (to include a fresh install (not upgrade) and installing drivers/configuring settings one by one with restarts in between each... and yes, it took 3 days to figure this out) to narrow my issue down to two causes: Intel Management...
  8. Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 1809 PIN Slow Boot: I have done everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (to include a fresh install (not upgrade) and installing drivers/configuring settings one by one with restarts in between each... and yes, it took 3 days to figure this out) to narrow my issue down to two causes: Intel Management...
  9. Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809: Dear Community, I am getting a very slow speed internet after updating to 1809. I raised the issue Microsoft but have heard from them, it's been more than 45 days. I am on 100 Mbps plan, I am getting the speed on my mobile phone but on my laptop, I am getting max...
  10. Why Windows 10 1809 is so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows 10 1809 is so slow?: I Download Windows 10 and i have installed it.Well ITS SO SLOW. I cant do anything. Even play old games with low ram.I guess i ll download windows 7.WINDOWS 10 IS SO F*CKING BAD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 1809 slow down games