Windows 10: Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

Discus and support Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; whenever I launch a game, my pc Lenovo IdeaPad slim 5 14ARE05, win10 starts lagging hard a few seconds into the game used to only happen when I had it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Enigma_1745, May 4, 2022.

1. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

whenever I launch a game, my pc Lenovo IdeaPad slim 5 14ARE05, win10 starts lagging hard a few seconds into the game used to only happen when I had it plugged in first but now it happens when on battery as well. the processor ryzen 7 4700U gets stuck at 0.38GHz and fps drops to 10~. it gets better for a moment and it's the same thing again. this started 1 month after purchase and it got progressively worse. Has anyone got a fix for this? thank youspecs: 8 gigs ram/ 512 gigs SSD, Radeon 7 graphics running the latest bios I've tried:installing the latest chipset and display drivers fr

:)

Enigma_1745, May 4, 2022

2. Specs you need for a nice lag-free game

3D games such as Minecraft or Assassins creed sure do need lots of expensive specs. Here's the minimums:
    • 4GB of RAM, 2GB will cause lag.
    • At least an i3 Processor, won't run on Extremely high-leveled games like Assassins Creed. Must be at least 2.6GHZ
    For Assassins Creed, you'll need:
    • 6GB of ram (Yup, welcome to the RAM eating world)
    • Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom II x4 940 or AMD FX-8350 GHz(Welcome to the most expensive things world). For core i5 you'll need 3.3GHZ, for AMD phenom II x4 940 you'll need 3.0, for AMD FX-8350 you'll need 4.
    ​That's all.

AbAppletic, May 4, 2022
  3. Specs you need for a nice lag-free game

Most modern CPU's will run everything fine these days. For lag free it's all about the video card.

(Although decent drivers and optimization are the next biggest requirements)

SmartEyeball, May 4, 2022
  4. HilmerB Win User

Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

Games Lag

Hello,
    I am posting here for some fresh insight to help me troubleshoot my game lag issues. I just recently built a new computer and am using Windows 10 for the first time. All of my games are lagging despite the greatly varied system requirements and they all lag at the same rate despite having them run at the highest or lowest capacity graphics settings. I have made sure all drivers are installed and up to date. I have verified the cache for each game individually. I have tried setting my GPU to run at max capacity from the Nvidia Control Panel. I have tried a clean boot in hopes of seeing that might of helped. I have tried setting the Steam client to beta. I have disabled the Xbox app DVR. These were all the suggestions I've gotten through many forums and also through live chat with Nvidia, Microsoft, and Steam. I've also ruled out hardware by running another hard drive on my new build with the Windows 7 OS and had no issues running my games at max graphics settings. My GPU, CPU, and Memory all run at normal capacities while in game aswell.

I apologize for the lengthy description, I've just been troubleshooting for quite a while now and have gotten no positive results. So I really appreciate any new insight, suggestions, and ideas, thank you.

System Specs:
    ASRock H97M Pro 4
    Intel I7 4790K
    16gb DDR3 Ram
    ASUS GTX 970 OC

HilmerB, May 4, 2022
Thema:

Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

1. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs - Similar Threads - Games start lagging

2. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs: whenever I launch a game, my pc Lenovo IdeaPad slim 5 14ARE05, win10 starts lagging hard a few seconds into the game used to only happen when I had it plugged in first but now it happens when on battery as well. the processor ryzen 7 4700U gets stuck at 0.38GHz and fps drops...
  3. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs: whenever I launch a game, my pc Lenovo IdeaPad slim 5 14ARE05, win10 starts lagging hard a few seconds into the game used to only happen when I had it plugged in first but now it happens when on battery as well. the processor ryzen 7 4700U gets stuck at 0.38GHz and fps drops...
  4. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching

Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching: Bit of background though: I was playing Valorant earlier when my standing mic fell onto my keyboard hitting a number of keys. Somehow managing to bring up Geforce in-game overlay, causing Valorant to crash. I don't know what else was hit in the mean time on my keyboard, but...
  5. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching: Bit of background though: I was playing Valorant earlier when my standing mic fell onto my keyboard hitting a number of keys. Somehow managing to bring up Geforce in-game overlay, causing Valorant to crash. I don't know what else was hit in the mean time on my keyboard, but...
  6. Windows 10 keeps closing apps and games a few seconds after launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use: Hi so I’ve got a go pavilion 14 (I think) and it used to work fine but after a year of use I’ve had some issues, it’s running windows 10 btw. So my trackpad lags, like it feels heavy if that makes sense. The cursor drags behind where I’m moving my finger, and then it jumps...
  8. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes: Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers, downloaded the latest updates, reinstalled windows with media creation tool, reset the pc to factory defaults, and used the...
  9. Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games/Apps not launching but visible in task manager for few seconds: I was playing games stored in my external hard drive, but my internal hard drive crashed. I got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 1803 in it, set it up from beginning. But now whenever I run the same games from my external hard drive they do not work. I double click...
  10. Specs you need for a nice lag-free game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specs you need for a nice lag-free game: 3D games such as Minecraft or Assassins creed sure do need lots of expensive specs. Here's the minimums: 4GB of RAM, 2GB will cause lag. At least an i3 Processor, won't run on Extremely high-leveled games like Assassins Creed. Must be at least 2.6GHZ For Assassins Creed,...