Windows 10: Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.

Discus and support Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A while ago (about 3 weeks) I started having problems with games that just cuts off and sends me back to the desktop. It happens in many different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SvN52, Aug 17, 2019.

1. SvN52 Win User

Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.

A while ago (about 3 weeks) I started having problems with games that just cuts off and sends me back to the desktop. It happens in many different games like Black Desert Online, Age of Empires, World of tanks, And the last one I tried was The Witcher 2. that I installed to check if it happened also to locally installed games and yes it did. I also got a lot of BSOD at witch point I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64 bit. The BSOD has almost stopped and the computer seems to work fine under web-use, watching films, running office apps and so on but as soon as I launch a game after just a few minutes it cuts of and sends me back to Desktop. No freezing or slowing down it just staggers once or twice and then I'm back to my desktop again. I've installed earlier drivers to my GC (May 19) that didn't do anything. My windows have the latest updates. I have done test with an app called heavy load that doesn't show anything strange. I'm running out of ideas here.*Confused

:)

SvN52, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

After downloading windows 10 Runescape game stopped working and also stopped my internet completely after about 20 minutes

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter.
    As you mentioned that after downloading Windows 10 Run escape stopped working completely, I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Follow the steps below on how to install the Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

Keep us posed on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 17, 2019
  3. HKShip.exe has stopped working with Sleeping Dogs game on Windows 10

Hi Govindh,

We would be happy to help you with accessing the game on your device.

To assist you better please provide us below details:

• What is the Make and model of your computer?

• Did you purchased the game from windows store?

• Are you able to play any other games on the system?
    Let us try basic troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you are downloading from the website, I suggest you to go to game developer website, check if there are any updated patches found for the game.

If the issue still persist,

Step 2: I request you to uninstall/reinstall the Sleeping Dogs game. Please follow below steps to uninstall the application

1. On the Start menu, select Settings.

2. Select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen.

I suggest you to re-install the game and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.

Cortana on Android and sending SMS from the desktop.

Hello Rick,

Please provide more information before we proceed.

• Does this issue occurs while sending message to all phone or is it particular while sending message to specific phone?
    • Does this issue occurs while sending message from phone to Windows 10 desktop?

You may also try installing the updates for Windows desktop and android phone and check if it works as expected.

Please post back with the information asked and the result for better suggestion.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.

1. Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop. - Similar Threads - Games stop working

2. Caps Lock sends me to Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock sends me to Desktop: Everytime i'm playing a game and accidentally press Caps Lock, it goes to the desktop and the computer locks up and i have to force it to restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-sends-me-to-desktop/e671e0e7-ca1f-4895-8638-d8a847828720
  3. Caps Lock sends me to Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps Lock sends me to Desktop: Everytime i'm playing a game and accidentally press Caps Lock, it goes to the desktop and the computer locks up and i have to force it to restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-lock-sends-me-to-desktop/e671e0e7-ca1f-4895-8638-d8a847828720
  4. extended desktop, 1 monitor stopped working after last weekend's update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    extended desktop, 1 monitor stopped working after last weekend's update.: When system boots both monitors work and continue working until after the log-in screen then the second monitor goes blank. Note second monitor is an older LG 26LE5310 TV/monitor runs on 1024x768....
  5. Windows sending me back a page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows sending me back a page: I’ve been having this weird issue with my computer lately. every time I try to use Google Chrome, it sends me back a page to the one I was on before and sometimes even all the way back to the New Tab screen. I’d usually assume this is just an issue with google chrome, so i...
  6. sending me back to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending me back to desktop: when i'm in my email or any page really, i'll be typing & all of a sudden it sends me back to my desktop & i loose everything i had been typing PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sending-me-back-to-desktop/58f65861-00cd-486c-bce6-2d41497ac1ed
  7. Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min: Hi community and microsoft,i have a big problem. I turn on my computer,i login and after 1-2 min,my computer auto shutdown,but before that i get bluescreen “LOCKING” message.I turn on and after 1 min is happend the same thing.I try to create a short task for shutdown and to...
  8. Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games stop working after 1-10 min and sends me back to Desktop.: A while ago (about 3 weeks) I started having problems with games that just cuts off and sends me back to the desktop. It happens in many different games like Black Desert Online, Age of Empires, World of tanks, And the last one I tried was The Witcher 2. that I installed to...
  9. CPU jumps to 100% for a 1 min or2 and then back to normal while gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU jumps to 100% for a 1 min or2 and then back to normal while gaming: CPU jumps to 100% for a 1 min or 2 and then back to normal while gaming Hello So this problem started 3 days ago and i have no idea what causing it. Before everything was running normal and no problem [img] [img] Pc specs Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU...
  10. Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK: My problem is when I'm AFK for around one minute, the computer goes into some kind of sleep mode ( although I have it disabled in power options and set screen-switch-off-after option to 30 min, and hard-drive-switch-off option set to after 300 min ) . It's easy to get out of...