Windows 10: Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

Discus and support Games that run in full screen keep minimizing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I have not had many problems in the past. But within the past few weeks, every time I try to open a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Broseph2701, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I have not had many problems in the past. But within the past few weeks, every time I try to open a game such as minecraft or call of duty, the game opens for a second or two and then minimizes. when I try to click on it on the taskbar, it opens again for a second or two then minimizes again. I have updated windows and my graphics drivers and I have scanned for malware. I am not sure what else I can do to fix this.

:)

Broseph2701, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Cerawy Win User

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

Windows 10 games minimizes periodically

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the issue particular to a game or all games?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Which build is installed in your computer?
    • Is the issue occurring with Windows Store games?

I suggest you to update the Graphic card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Games that run in full screen keep minimizing

1. Games that run in full screen keep minimizing - Similar Threads - Games run full

2. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: Recently, within the past week, my computer has started to minimize my full screen games every 10 minutes or so. I can't figure out the cause and I've tried multiple fixes. Things I've tried:-Making sure everything is up to date GPU drivers and Windows-turning off game...
  3. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  4. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR minimize game in full screen: HDR active, minimize the game after some time, can only run in window, when I deactivate the game can run I'm in windows 10 sometimes I manage to make it work but mostly is very difficult to keep the game in full screen...
  5. HDR minimize game in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep minimizing: I have certain games that will not stay full screen, no matter what i try. Ive turned off game mod xbox game bar, turned of hdr, and some other basic things.Its makes these games unplayable, just trying to play fallout 4. I cant find anything that fixes my issue...
  7. Games keep minimizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep minimizing: I have certain games that will not stay full screen, no matter what i try. Ive turned off game mod xbox game bar, turned of hdr, and some other basic things.Its makes these games unplayable, just trying to play fallout 4. I cant find anything that fixes my issue...
  8. Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly minimizing full-screen games: This happens randomly whenever I am playing games on my computer. My computer will randomly minimize the game sending me back to my desktop and it's really annoying as it happens multiple times a day sometimes. It happens randomly and on all games, not just one game engine....
  9. Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?: Hello, I have a problem when I want to play games in full-screen. Every time when I try it, the game automatically minimize at the start. When I try to open it, it kicks me out like pressing (alt + tab). It feels like when I open it, the game loses the focus. I have no...
  10. Games That run in full screen keep closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games That run in full screen keep closing: I have been trying to play games on my laptop. I had never had this problem before, but whenever I try to open a game, it opens for a few seconds and then starts to run in the background. I click on it again on the taskbar and the same thing happens, it opens for a second or...