Windows 10: Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only

Discus and support Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing Skyrim Special Edition, and everything was going fine. I had made a few saves and had no problems. Suddenly, I was unable to save the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PatrickSchulz, May 2, 2021.

1. Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only

I was playing Skyrim Special Edition, and everything was going fine. I had made a few saves and had no problems. Suddenly, I was unable to save the game, creating a manual save or a quick save would crash the game, any anything that created an autosave would also crash the game. I tested this with another Bethesda game Fallout 4 and had the same issue. I did some research and it appears the Documents folder and all subfolders are marked as read only. I turned it off, only to have it turn back on when I closed and re-opened the Properties window. I uninstal

:)

PatrickSchulz, May 2, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 2, 2021
  3. Unable to save the process of my game

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why you are unable to save your game. One of which is having a corrupted profile. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• How are you trying to save your game?
    • Are you having the same issue with your other games?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • Have you tried using a different account and check if the same issue persists?

Wilfred Mac, May 2, 2021
  4. Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only

game scores and game progress

Hello,

To assist you further I would like to ask if you are playing the game online or from desktop.

If the game is installed and you are playing from the desktop, the issue might be caused due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game from the game developers website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the
      game and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only

1. Games unable to save to the My Games folder, marked as Read Only - Similar Threads - Games unable save

2. All folders are marked read only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders are marked read only.: I'm having issues where my version of Windows 10 is making all of my folders read-only and causing major access denied errors happen with some programs that need read and write access. [ATTACH] Its not a problem with the program its windows and as I'm running on Windows...
  3. Read Only Game Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Only Game Files: For some reason one of my game files, Terraria, is constantly setting itself to read only. I've tried everything I could find on steam to change it, as well as change its permissions. Yet it still sets itself off of whatever permission I put it on and go back to read only....
  4. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  5. Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ?: win 10 Home v 10.0.18362 Tia; If this is not the right forum , Please aim me at the proper one . Files and Folders all marked as 'Read Only' ? I don't know how this happened , but it started yesterday . I am trying to backup Folders to flash drive , but the Read-only get...
  6. saved games folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    saved games folder: hi guys, this is my first thread. my saved games folder (c:user/name/saved games) is missing, how to restore it? 150611
  7. Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only"

Regarding Folders Marked "Read Only": This is just a slight issue in which folders marked as "Read Only" are locked with this attribute and cannot be changed. I first tried the standard approach, going into the folder properties and disabling read only and then clicking apply and exiting the properties which I...
  8. All newly created folders are marked Read Only

All newly created folders are marked Read Only: New computer, Lenovo, All folders I create or extract are by default marked read only. I've given myself full access to my C drive and can delete them, but why are they marked Read Only? How do I turn this off?...
  9. Saving game folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving game folder: Hi ,,I might have to reinstall windows and I am halfway through Wolfenstein colossuss and I don't feel like having to do it all again ,,could someone please tell me is it possible to save a folder that has the saves in and put it back after I have reinstalled the game...
  10. Drives Marked Read Only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Marked Read Only: I have several hard drives on my PCs; some are physical, some are partitions. In every PC I've upgraded, W10 marks these as RO. I go through the ritual of setting permissions to Full and marking RW, but occasionally a drive will revert to RO. I can't find a Take Ownership...