Windows 10: Games w Compatibily Windows 7 and change folder to SAVE your games

Discus and support Games w Compatibily Windows 7 and change folder to SAVE your games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; if you have problems with your games try 1, DONT INSTALL IT in "Programs Files or (86)" directory 2, Create one folder and give it ALL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by emailx45, Nov 29, 2017.

1. emailx45 Win User

Games w Compatibily Windows 7 and change folder to SAVE your games

if you have problems with your games try

1, DONT INSTALL IT in "Programs Files or (86)" directory

2, Create one folder and give it ALL PRIVILEGIES for ALL USERS, example

D:\games\myGamesXXXX

so, C:\Games will have ALL PRIVILEGIES (Total Access) for user ALL

3, in EXE from your game use COMPATIBILITY WINDOWS 7 and ADMIN USER for default

4, use MS tool MKLINK to create one symbolic link to your SAVE FOLDER, example

USE ALWAYS ADMIN TO MKLINK COMMAND

create one new folder to redirect new saves, example

D:\mySaveGamesNewFolder\GameXXXX"

go to save folder actual

use cd C:\users\xxxxx\gameXXXX\folderSaveActual

IMPORTANT!
    now copy your saves files to new place and delete o old folder of the game (normally, in C:\users\xxxxx\gameXXXX\folderSaveActual

then DELETE just "folderSaveActual"

now type the command MKLINK

mklink /d /j "folderSaveActual" "D:\mySaveGamesNewFolder\GameXXXX"

Its ready! now your game will save in new place as if was original place

NOTE: The games use many others folder to store info, then do it as above

:)

emailx45, Nov 29, 2017
  2. Paul Bab Win User

record that

Thanks for the prompt response.To find your game clips and screenshots from Game DVR, select the Start button, choose the Xbox app
    in the Start menu, and then go to Settings> Game DVR > Saving
    captures
    and select Open folder.

To change where your game clips are saved, use File Explorer to move the Captures folder anywhere you want on your PC. Game DVR will continue saving your game clips and screenshots in that folder wherever you put it.

For more information, feel free to visit
    Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

Let us know if you have further inquiries so we can provide further assistance.

Paul Bab, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Petr VOLF Win User
    Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

how about this?

Change where your Game DVR captures are saved on your PC

Your game clips and screenshots will always be saved in the Captures folder. But you can move that folder anywhere you want on your PC.
    • Go to File Explorer > Videos.
    • Drag the Captures folder where you want it.

Petr VOLF, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

Games w Compatibily Windows 7 and change folder to SAVE your games

1. Games w Compatibily Windows 7 and change folder to SAVE your games - Similar Threads - Games Compatibily change

2. Saved Games Folder Gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Games Folder Gone: Greetings, A while back, I was working in my file explorer, trying to get a function for a game to work, when I discovered, that something I had done delete/got rid of my Saved Games folder on my C drive. I have attempted to find solutions online for how to create a new one,...
  3. Saved Games Folder Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games Folder Gone: Greetings, A while back, I was working in my file explorer, trying to get a function for a game to work, when I discovered, that something I had done delete/got rid of my Saved Games folder on my C drive. I have attempted to find solutions online for how to create a new one,...
  4. Saved Games Folder Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  6. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved Games Folder Disappeared: I clicked location under properties, and moved it, and the Saved Games folder disappeared from all drives. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-games-folder-disappeared/46430ebf-2812-466b-8610-4d6b5430c069
  7. Saved Games Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. saved games folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    saved games folder: hi guys, this is my first thread. my saved games folder (c:user/name/saved games) is missing, how to restore it? 150611
  9. Saving game folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving game folder: Hi ,,I might have to reinstall windows and I am halfway through Wolfenstein colossuss and I don't feel like having to do it all again ,,could someone please tell me is it possible to save a folder that has the saves in and put it back after I have reinstalled the game...
  10. From Windows 7 To Windows 10 .. Saving Games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From Windows 7 To Windows 10 .. Saving Games?: If I upgrade to windows 10 from my windows 7, is there a way to save my software? When I say software, I mean mostly games. I wrote and asked the folks at Hoyle and they said that I'd have to purchase the games again? The games aren't for me (YEAH, RIGHT [img] ), they...