Windows 10: Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager

Discus and support Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As said in the title above, whenever I try to open any game, literally any game, idk why but, my mouse cursor just shows that the game is loading but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HEMANTHKUMAR_285, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager

As said in the title above, whenever I try to open any game, literally any game, idk why but, my mouse cursor just shows that the game is loading but when I wait for a while, it just doesn't open up, I tried a lot of way to fix this issue, like troubleshooting games and I've even updated the drivers to the latest, and now idk what to do to open my games, and I've been having this issue since about a week now, so please help me ASAP

:)

HEMANTHKUMAR_285, Jul 30, 2021

2. Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Jul 30, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager

Task manager

Hi Basil

Turn off all unnecessary startup applications and processes:

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See any non-essential items are listed there

If so, select and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list, see any non-essential items are listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Turn off all unnecessary Background Apps

Open the Settings App

Go to Privacy - Background Apps

Turn off any App you do not need running in the background

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager

1. Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager - Similar Threads - Games never open

2. Most games are suspended in the task manager when run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most games are suspended in the task manager when run: gI feel like I've tried everything to try and fix this. It seems to be just easyanticheat and battle eye, I can run any other game for hours. These games when I start on steam it won't open, if I go to files and run as administrator it does work, but only for like 20 minutes...
  3. Most games are suspended in the task manager when run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most games are suspended in the task manager when run: gI feel like I've tried everything to try and fix this. It seems to be just easyanticheat and battle eye, I can run any other game for hours. These games when I start on steam it won't open, if I go to files and run as administrator it does work, but only for like 20 minutes...
  4. Most games are suspended in the task manager when run

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Background task comes forward when same task is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background task comes forward when same task is opened: Hello,Lately I am encountering a very annoying bug/software change. At work I have installed a fresh installation of Windows 10. When I open the following apps in specified order:1. Word opening a document Document12. Explorer3. Word opening a different document Document2The...
  6. Background task comes forward when same task is opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background task comes forward when same task is opened: Hello,Lately I am encountering a very annoying bug/software change. At work I have installed a fresh installation of Windows 10. When I open the following apps in specified order:1. Word opening a document Document12. Explorer3. Word opening a different document Document2The...
  7. OMEN GAMING HUB NOT OPENING BUT RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OMEN GAMING HUB NOT OPENING BUT RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER!: hello, my omen gaming hub is not opening after I updated it to the latest version from microsoft store. I have tried all methods, uninstalled it with revo but it did not work. My windows and drivers are up to date and I'm just fed up from the past two weeks. Please guide me...
  8. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER: This is completely unacceptable. Firstly the only reason I have not just switched to Linux is because of Windows software exclusivity, and it's on my last nerve. A few months ago I noticed Skype in my system tray, without my installing. I disabled it starting up with Task...
  9. Task manager never opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager never opening: In short, my pc has been recently faced with a continuous issue. Task manager, no matter how i try to get it to open it refuses to do so. The same is now for windows security centre. Software occasionally refuses to load altogether and freezes with no way to close it down....
  10. Background prosess "Task Manager"??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Background prosess "Task Manager"??: How do I know that my windows do not have some processes in the background that in the end do not build up some bad programs that will end the life of my Hp comuter??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games running in the background fix