Windows 10: games will not load

Discus and support games will not load in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am having issues with my sons laptop. We download and install games from Microsoft store and then none of them load or are playable. Not sure what is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by OwletteBaby, Mar 24, 2020.

1. games will not load

I am having issues with my sons laptop. We download and install games from Microsoft store and then none of them load or are playable. Not sure what is going on and not sure how to fix it. It is a brand new laptop. He isn't even able to play the preloaded games it comes with like candycrush or gardenscapes, simple solitaire, etc. Anyone know how to correct this?

:)

OwletteBaby, Mar 24, 2020

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Mar 24, 2020
  3. iwin games won't load

Hi Sebrad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the game?

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 24, 2020
  4. games will not load

Games, mail & notifications aren't loading properly

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for your reply.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    You may try to run the game in compatibility mode and check if ti helps.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the
      previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

games will not load

1. games will not load - Similar Threads - games load

2. My game wont load can anybody help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My game wont load can anybody help me: So basically when I go to play call of duty on this profile for Microsoft it wont load but when I go on my other Microsoft it load perfectly fine but the error message that pops up on this profile says its a network issue but how can it be that when the other profile loads...
  3. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...: Is an OS installation required to operate the external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-a-gaming-pc-and-trying-to-load-a-win10-disk/0fa1aa94-c707-40b7-9e60-ef6d8e10a7db
  4. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...: Is an OS installation required to operate the external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-a-gaming-pc-and-trying-to-load-a-win10-disk/0fa1aa94-c707-40b7-9e60-ef6d8e10a7db
  5. built a gaming pc and trying to load a win.10 disk os fails to loaddoes the external cd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. When im playing Overwatch or other games with high load on pc, there is a certain amount of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When im playing Overwatch or other games with high load on pc, there is a certain amount of...: Everytime i play those games, after a certain amount of time5-30minute the gpu crashesat least i think so and my screen goes black. The pc will respond to hotkeysctrl+windows+shift+b a bit after the black screen and plays me the sound cue of it but still no output on the...
  7. why does my PC lag whenever i load up any game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my PC lag whenever i load up any game?: i have this issue where whenever i try to play a game it lags super badly. this also causes my discord to lag too. it's not a Wi-Fi issue because my brother is able to play games just fine without any lag. i have updated my driver with Nvidia, but nothing seems to work. this...
  8. why does my PC lag whenever i load up any game?

why does my PC lag whenever i load up any game?: i have this issue where whenever i try to play a game it lags super badly. this also causes my discord to lag too. it's not a Wi-Fi issue because my brother is able to play games just fine without any lag. i have updated my driver with Nvidia, but nothing seems to work. this...
  9. PC Xbox Game Pass invites not working, something went wrong when loading this section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Xbox Game Pass invites not working, something went wrong when loading this section: Getting this error, i removed gaming services and xbox app to reinstall, rebooted and same error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-xbox-game-pass-invites-not-working-something/d7dea6bd-77a0-436d-a856-ce6655a3632d
  10. PC Xbox Game Pass invites not working, something went wrong when loading this section

PC Xbox Game Pass invites not working, something went wrong when loading this section: Getting this error, i removed gaming services and xbox app to reinstall, rebooted and same error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-xbox-game-pass-invites-not-working-something/d7dea6bd-77a0-436d-a856-ce6655a3632d