Windows 10: Games & Windows Extremely Laggy/Not Working

Discus and support Games & Windows Extremely Laggy/Not Working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So pretty much here's the story I took down my PC in mid October 2019 to focus on school, sports, and other ****. Since Corona has taken over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TylerZ2, May 30, 2020.

1. TylerZ2 Win User

Games & Windows Extremely Laggy/Not Working

So pretty much here's the story

I took down my PC in mid October 2019 to focus on school, sports, and other ****. Since Corona has taken over the world and my boredom, I decided to put it back up.

First, I opened everything up and cleaned out most of the dust, then plugged everything in and got started to have a great time. The games I play on here are CS:GO, Minecraft, Rainbow, and Fortnite. I only really use Steam, Discord, and Google for applications.

When I first booted everything up, it was extremely laggy as expected because I haven't used it in a while. So, I updated all my GPU, Drivers, and Windows to make sure everything was smooth. Everything downloaded properly and went well for the first part.

Regarding the games, here are the issues.

Minecraft - This is the only one that is pretty much fine, only a bit laggy at first

Rainbow - After downloading, I double clicked the icon on my desktop and it took around 20 minutes to completely load up. When I went to start a match, I crashed. Again and again it was the same thing, even after restarting 3+ times.

Fortnite - Don't judge me, I only downloaded this for nostalgia, but it is still annoying me. When I log onto Fortnite, which took around a half hour, it asked me to log in. So, I put in my user and password and it said the servers were unavailable and put me back to my desktop. After 3 more times of restarting and trying the same thing, I gave up.

CS:GO - This one is the worst. What happens with CS:GO is that I will double click the icon, and it says it is starting up the game, but nothing happens after: no crash, no screen, no nothing. So, I went in Task Manager to see what was happening and what happened was interesting. CS:GO would show up, then after a few seconds it would say Suspended, then that would be gone, then a few seconds later it would say it again, then it would leave and the game would dissappear from the task manager

Discord & Google - These 2 are fine I guess, just still a bit laggy.

So, my question is, how can I fix all this from happening?

If anybody can help me at all I would greatly appreciate it, and I genuinely thank you. This has never happened before. I will be available all day tomorrow to answer any kinds of help this wonderful community can give.

:)

TylerZ2, May 30, 2020

2. Microsoft Games Very Laggy

Recently the Treasure Hunt game has become extremely laggy. I will click on a spot and it will take 2-3 seconds before the character moves to it. It's not the internet connection, because it happens both at school and at home. I can't try it on other
    Windows 10 devices because everything else I have is Windows 7 (and no, I'm not upgrading them just to test a game lol). Has anyone else encountered this and if so what did you do to fix it?

::Edited:: Just tried playing the Solitaire game collection, and yup, it's laggy as all heck, too. What is going on??

AprilFool79, May 30, 2020
  3. Polifroeg Win User
    Games Extremely Laggy Since Upgrading to Windows 10

Thanks for getting back to me! I did the Clean Boot and then I couldn't play the game at all. Then it occurred to me that Steam had been disabled so I enabled it and redid it. The game ran much better than usual then, it wasn't perfect but it was pretty
    good even when I upped the quality. I also noticed that my Disk usage was still at 100% even before I started playing the game with the Clean Boot. This also has been happening since I got windows 10, especially when playing games (Sorry I forgot to bring
    it up above).

I then followed your steps to return the PC to normal and I did. A few things malfunctioned at first but now everything seems fine. However the game quality seems to have returned to the way it was - laggy.

I assume I should try disabling some apps with others on for start up to see which particular app(s) caused the problem but I assume the Disk will stay at 100%.

Finally there are 3 apps that came when I got windows 10 to do with gaming - AMD gaming evolved, PlaysTV and Xbox. Should I try disabling those? I believe I turned them off in task manager before while trying to play a game and it didn't change much.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Polifroeg, May 30, 2020
  4. Games & Windows Extremely Laggy/Not Working

Microsoft Games Very Laggy

Sorry it to so long for the reply, I lost my charger and had to get a new one. I've tried both sets of steps, and it's still exceptionally laggy. There's a 1-2 second delay between when I touch the screen and when something moves. It's happening in
    other Microsoft games, too.

AprilFool79, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Games & Windows Extremely Laggy/Not Working

1. Games & Windows Extremely Laggy/Not Working - Similar Threads - Games Extremely Laggy

2. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Is Extremely Laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Is Extremely Laggy: Hello everyone, I have this problem where Minecraft Bedrock Edition all of a sudden started lagging a lot regarding frames. This is very weird because I played this edition for so long before and it was absolutely fluid. I've done some digging and I noticed that as soon as I...
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Is Extremely Laggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Is Extremely Laggy: Hello everyone, I have this problem where Minecraft Bedrock Edition all of a sudden started lagging a lot regarding frames. This is very weird because I played this edition for so long before and it was absolutely fluid. I've done some digging and I noticed that as soon as I...
  4. Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly: Hi,My laptop which is running windows 10 will randomly get extremely laggy and will only go away after about 30 seconds of waiting or by unplugging and replugging in the power cord. This tends to happen when I'm gaming, but has happened with all kinds of apps. When I'm gaming...
  5. Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly

Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly: Hi,My laptop which is running windows 10 will randomly get extremely laggy and will only go away after about 30 seconds of waiting or by unplugging and replugging in the power cord. This tends to happen when I'm gaming, but has happened with all kinds of apps. When I'm gaming...
  6. Laptop gets extremely laggy randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 is extremely laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is extremely laggy: I've been using windows 10 since 2017. My pc used to run quite fast then but suddenly windows 10 became slow and laggy over time. I tried hard reset 2 times but still the slow speed would return in a week after resetting it. Then I tried installing windows 11 on my pc and...
  8. Windows 11 is extremely laggy

Windows 11 is extremely laggy: I've been using windows 10 since 2017. My pc used to run quite fast then but suddenly windows 10 became slow and laggy over time. I tried hard reset 2 times but still the slow speed would return in a week after resetting it. Then I tried installing windows 11 on my pc and...
  9. Recently reset computer is extremely laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recently reset computer is extremely laggy: Recently, my 2 year old Surface Pro 7 ran fast and smoothly. It had no issues. Then, there was a pop-up on my screen saying my drivers needed updating, so I updated them using an application called Driver Booster 7. It completely messed up my computer, to say the least....
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 edition is extremely laggy

Minecraft Windows 10 edition is extremely laggy: Just got a new computer and is almost 4 times the size of my last one which could never run games at all due to it being a work computer that was a hand-me-down from my dad. It could run games at a very high pace and when I got it I immediately started playing Minecraft. It...