Windows 10: games wont download on my D drive.

Discus and support games wont download on my D drive. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ManuVan Midden, Mar 22, 2023.

1. games wont download on my D drive.

When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at the end it gives me the error codes: 0x8003d0b or 0x80070005. When I install it on my C drive and try to move it, it gives me the error code: 0x80070005. I've tried all that I could find here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1022056/error-0x80070005 but nothing helped.

:)

ManuVan Midden, Mar 22, 2023
  2. dycool2 Win User

Moved game from drive C to D and it wont open

I recently got a new drive and I decided to move one of my games from my C drive to the D drive and the game wont open, I tried with another game like minecraft and the same happend! Please someone help me!!!

dycool2, Mar 22, 2023
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 22, 2023
  4. games wont download on my D drive.

Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

games wont download on my D drive.

1. games wont download on my D drive. - Similar Threads - games wont download

2. games wont download on my D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games wont download on my D drive.: When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at the end it gives me the error codes: 0x8003d0b or 0x80070005. When I install it on my C drive and try to move it, it gives me...
  3. games wont download on my D drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    games wont download on my D drive.: When I'm downloading games from the Microsoft store. I download them on my D drive because my C drive is to small. It downloads almost all the way, at the end it gives me the error codes: 0x8003d0b or 0x80070005. When I install it on my C drive and try to move it, it gives me...
  4. Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?: my C: drive has about 41.72 Gigabytes of storage but it's a tad bit short to download Warthunder which is at 42.40 Gigabytes, but then i decided to change the drive i'll download the game to and changed it to my D: Drive and found out that my D: drive has a butt ton of...
  5. Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?: my C: drive has about 41.72 Gigabytes of storage but it's a tad bit short to download Warthunder which is at 42.40 Gigabytes, but then i decided to change the drive i'll download the game to and changed it to my D: Drive and found out that my D: drive has a butt ton of...
  6. Is it okay to download a steam game with my D: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't download a game to my D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a game to my D drive: I've been trying to download a game to my D drive but it says I need storage the game is 50 gbs and I have over 200 gbs on the hard drive in question I've tried to change where new content is saved, I've tried wsreset in administrator mode, I've tired to reset microsoft store...
  8. Microsoft store no downloading games on my d drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store no downloading games on my d drive: when i try downloading sea of thieves on my D drive i click install but it doesn't do anything and there is enough space but when i change it to my c and e drive it works but my c doesn't have enough space but it still works and i had this issue with ark survival evolved as...
  9. Downloading to the D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Downloading to the D drive: I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my computer? I have Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i5-9600 CPU @3.70Hz....
  10. my dvd drive D wont work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my dvd drive D wont work: I can get it to try and pull up but it stops and will not go any farther I can not get it to read dvds or even dvd games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-d-wont-work/32a7f783-466c-4175-9534-4ba9a3438830