Windows 10: Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

Discus and support Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BLACKPANTHERv88, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page:

Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu fe2d1fdc-4427-45fb-a95c-d7e4a6333778?upload=true.png

I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-app-faq/1efde579-21ff-4247-ba4c-07444a04b36b

See this thread which was locked for the same issue which was never answered satisfactory standard that fixed the problem at all:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...art-menu/76d26169-b7e0-493a-8bb7-58d621df346b

:)

BLACKPANTHERv88, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Xbox App, powers on Xbox One X but app doesn't know it.

Hi,

Most times, when you try to start the game and/or app, the splash screen displays for a few seconds before sending your back to the Home screen. If this is the case, let us walk you through the steps on how to resolve this concern. Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Start the app again

• If the app is available on the Home screen in either the big center tile or one of the four
      most recently used tiles highlight that tile with your controller (but don't select it).
    • Press the Menu button on the controller.
    • If the option to Quit is present, select it. (If it's not present, the app is not currently running.)
    • Once you're sure the app is closed, re-launch the app by selecting it from the recently used tiles or from
      My games & apps.

If the app doesn't start, please restart your Xbox One X console.

Step 2: Restart your Xbox One console.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Note: Pressing the Xbox button opens the guide from any screen on the console.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Restart console.
    • Select Yes to confirm.
    • Try to launch the app again.

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the app

If the issue still isn't resolved, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. Here's how:

• On Home, move right and select My games & apps.
    • Highlight the content you want to uninstall.
    • Press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

1. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu - Similar Threads - Games won't launch

2. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello,let me get straight to the point.The issues- the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it. Neither can I start downloaded games, nor can I accept invites Sea of Thieves. For the...
  3. Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App not launching games/accepting invites & Game Bar not starting up: Hello,let me get straight to the point.The issues- the Xbox App on the PC doesn't really work for me. I can open it up, I can add friends and I can download games, but that's about it. Neither can I start downloaded games, nor can I accept invites Sea of Thieves. For the...
  4. The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open: This issue started appearing after moving some files from my c drive to my d drive because I was low on space, and more problems started to appear after I followed some troubleshooters. I've tried rebooting everything from the task manager, I've scanned for viruses, but...
  5. The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open

The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open: This issue started appearing after moving some files from my c drive to my d drive because I was low on space, and more problems started to appear after I followed some troubleshooters. I've tried rebooting everything from the task manager, I've scanned for viruses, but...
  6. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  7. Why won't Xbox app game launch?

Why won't Xbox app game launch?: I installed Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app and when I try to open it it gives me the little minimized window with the name of the game and then it closes after a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and I made sure everything on my PC is up to...
  8. Xbox Game Bar won't launch

Xbox Game Bar won't launch: For the last couple weeks my xbox game bar hasn't been launching, I even had a 90 min call with Microsoft support and we couldn't fix it in that time and all I can do is use my case number and hope that we can pick up where I left off last call. But is there a way to do it...
  9. Start Menu won't launch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox on windows wont launch games