Windows 10: Games wont open

Discus and support Games wont open in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have windows 10 , when i open a game from the store it opens and then closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark555777, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Games wont open

I have windows 10 , when i open a game from the store it opens and then closes

:)

Mark555777, Dec 2, 2019

2. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Games wont open

settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Games wont open

1. Games wont open - Similar Threads - Games wont open

2. Game wont download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game wont download: I have tried downloading Kingdom Come: Deliverance from the Microsoft store and when its finished downloading I click on the icon in the windows menu and it just takes me back to the store. I check my downloads in the store and it says I didn't download it. I go back and try...
  3. Game wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game wont open: I recently bought Outer worlds and it worked fine for the first couple days. Then one day it suddenly decided to stop working and will not launch. Clicking launch will not launch the game, let alone do anything. There is no error message and it does not load for a second then...
  4. No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No available name and game wont open on Microsoft store: I have two problems that I feel must be related. The first one seems to be a common problem that many people have encountered. There is a download titled "No name available" which is unable to be removed, and I cannot get rid of. I have tried the solutions suggested in other...
  5. Moved game from drive C to D and it wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved game from drive C to D and it wont open: I recently got a new drive and I decided to move one of my games from my C drive to the D drive and the game wont open, I tried with another game like minecraft and the same happend! Please someone help me!!!...
  6. Programs wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs wont open: On windows ten some programs will just open up and give me a error or open up then when ever I login or something it just wont open. I tried to fix my .exe in regedit with every tutorial but nothing fixed it that only fixed it so I can open them but they just give me a error...
  7. hulu wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hulu wont open: As of 12-03-18 I can't open Hulu I get dj1 error every time. ***Moved from Surface/Surface RT/Install, update and repair*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hulu-wont-open/4b486ae9-99bb-4c24-be6e-779e12da2765
  8. Games wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games wont open.: When I try to load up games like asphalt 9 legends or forza horizon 4 they load for 2 seconds then shut off.. Is this supposed to happen? PC specs: Intel i7-7900k @3.6GHz Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti RAM: 32gb C: drive: 1 terabyte ssd I seriously don't understand whats...
  9. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f
  10. Minecraft wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft wont open: GAME CRASH The game crashed whilst initializing game The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL It wont open and I am very sad...