Windows 10: Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in

Discus and support Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello guys My laptop is a HP Win 10, Intel i5-6200U, AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB Graphics, 8Gb RAM Since last week I am facing a weird problem where my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tanmay123, May 28, 2020.

1. Tanmay123 Win User

Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in

Hello guys

My laptop is a HP Win 10, Intel i5-6200U, AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB Graphics, 8Gb RAM

Since last week I am facing a weird problem where my games War Thunder, Civ6, GTA5 work fine on battery power but crash after plugging in the charger. The laptop doesn't crash just the game becomes unresponsive. If I launch them when plugged in, they crash after a few seconds. Steps i have already taken

1. Updated display drivers
    2. Reinstalled display drivers
    3. Changed power plan settings
    4. Reinstalled Windows 10
    5. Reinstalled the games
    6. Unplugged all connected device

This is an extremely irritating issue so any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks

:)

Tanmay123, May 28, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 28, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, May 28, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Games work fine on battery but crash when plugged in - Similar Threads - Games fine battery

2. Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in: I have bought my Dell G-15 gaming laptop and year ago. It had work perfectly till now since from a few days it's acting weirdly. It became sluggish occasionally and I had to restart. At first i didn't understand the problem and reinstalled the windows but it didn't fix the...
  3. Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's cpu gets stuck at 0.4ghz on battery but works fine when plugged in: I have bought my Dell G-15 gaming laptop and year ago. It had work perfectly till now since from a few days it's acting weirdly. It became sluggish occasionally and I had to restart. At first i didn't understand the problem and reinstalled the windows but it didn't fix the...
  4. Shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charge It's not the battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charge It's not the battery: I'm experiencing a very annoying issue with my laptop. Lately, it frequently shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charger. I've looked into possible causes like the battery, battery settings, and the adapter, but they seem to be fine. I recall...
  5. Shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charge It's not the battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charge It's not the battery: I'm experiencing a very annoying issue with my laptop. Lately, it frequently shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charger. I've looked into possible causes like the battery, battery settings, and the adapter, but they seem to be fine. I recall...
  6. Shuts down when not plugged in, but runs fine when connected to the charge It's not the battery

7. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  8. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  9. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

10. Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when gaming while plugged in: Hello, I am having a problem with my laptop where it will crash with a black screen after about 15 minutes of playing games like Valorant, Overwatch, CSGO it's not like my laptop cant run these games as it meets the recommended requirements there is no warning of the crash,...