Windows 10: games

Discus and support games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; have downloaded a game but cannot play as it will not open have done troubleshooting but says it is not compatible with windows 10 is there any way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeborahHolland1, Nov 19, 2019.

1. games

have downloaded a game but cannot play as it will not open have done

troubleshooting but says it is not compatible with windows 10 is there any way

I can resolve this.

:)

DeborahHolland1, Nov 19, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Angela Pun, Nov 19, 2019
  4. games

Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

games

1. games - Similar Threads - games

2. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing: When I try to launch Call of Duty DirectX encounters an unrecoverable error and when I try to launch games on steam it says I need more video card memory but I have no other apps open and have over 30 gigabytes of RAM with a 3080 graphics card. Some games just crash without...
  3. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep crashing: When I try to launch Call of Duty DirectX encounters an unrecoverable error and when I try to launch games on steam it says I need more video card memory but I have no other apps open and have over 30 gigabytes of RAM with a 3080 graphics card. Some games just crash without...
  4. Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games: My Windows 11 PC freezes while playing certain games. The monitors will lock up and the computer will be completely unresponsive. Usually Destiny 2 but it has happened less frequently while playing other games. I usually have to hard shutdown or wait for BSOD/reboot. I have...
  5. Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games

Windows 11 PC Hard Freezes while playing certain games: My Windows 11 PC freezes while playing certain games. The monitors will lock up and the computer will be completely unresponsive. Usually Destiny 2 but it has happened less frequently while playing other games. I usually have to hard shutdown or wait for BSOD/reboot. I have...
  6. Computer keeps crashing while either loading a game or in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing while either loading a game or in the middle of a game: Hello, my computer keeps crashing whenever I play a video game, sometimes as it's loading, sometimes while im halfway through a game and im not sure what's causing it. I've deep cleaned my pc to see if it was any dust build up but it's still happening.My pc specs:CPU: Ryzen 7...
  7. Computer keeps crashing while either loading a game or in the middle of a game

Computer keeps crashing while either loading a game or in the middle of a game: Hello, my computer keeps crashing whenever I play a video game, sometimes as it's loading, sometimes while im halfway through a game and im not sure what's causing it. I've deep cleaned my pc to see if it was any dust build up but it's still happening.My pc specs:CPU: Ryzen 7...
  8. Computer keeps crashing while either loading a game or in the middle of a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Im trying to run some games but they suddenly stopped launching when i started my laptop....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im trying to run some games but they suddenly stopped launching when i started my laptop....: So yesterday before posting this, i was just playing games like i normally do, i decided to go to sleep and shut down my laptop. Next morning i woke up and tried to play them again, but when i tried to open them they just wouldnt launch. I am only having this issue with 2...
  10. Im trying to run some games but they suddenly stopped launching when i started my laptop....

Im trying to run some games but they suddenly stopped launching when i started my laptop....: So yesterday before posting this, i was just playing games like i normally do, i decided to go to sleep and shut down my laptop. Next morning i woke up and tried to play them again, but when i tried to open them they just wouldnt launch. I am only having this issue with 2...