Windows 10: games

Discus and support games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been having trouble trying to load a game. I launch it from steam and I have tried all methods such as verifying the game files, restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by max1334, Jan 7, 2021.

1. max1334 Win User

games

I have been having trouble trying to load a game. I launch it from steam and I have tried all methods such as verifying the game files, restarting computer, etc. Whenever I try to open it steam will try to download Microsoft Visual c++ redistributable, getting almost done until it displays some error code. Then steam continues the download and when it finishes it brings up the directX version selector. I hit go ahead and it will open the flash launcher but after that the game fails to open, and sometimes I will have to restart my laptop because steam will say that it is running while it is closed. A recent development is that I will for a split second see the first time setup screen and then it will go away and start at the DirectX selector screen. Any suggestions? -Max

:)

max1334, Jan 7, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2021
  4. games

Angela Pun, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

games

1. games - Similar Threads - games

2. free cell games locking up after update download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    free cell games locking up after update download: after recent update download, microsoft free cell games lock up and you cannot get off the computer without a hard shut down from power bar....
  3. Wi-Fi disconnects when gaming (Solo or Online)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi disconnects when gaming (Solo or Online): Hi everyone, I have an issue I have never experienced before, I have a new custom Pc, that is connected on WiFi, and I experience disconnections when I start running a game wether on steam or on rockstar launcher. What happens usually is that either the connection is very...
  4. Most Games crash when i run them and i get multiple Reliability Moniter errors with the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Most Games crash when i run them and i get multiple Reliability Moniter errors with the...: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffa38eca514010 Parameter 2: fffff802796c2100 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 2fc8 OS version: 10_0_18363 Service...
  5. Not being able to move a game from my laptop storage to an external SSD. Error code 0x80070002.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not being able to move a game from my laptop storage to an external SSD. Error code 0x80070002.: I downloaded Age of Empires from the Xbox Game Pass app, and when I try to move the game to an external SSD it displays an error: "we couldnt move Age of Empires. The operation did not complete successfully. try again in a bit. Error code 0x800700002. What does this error...
  6. Don't want OneDrive to upload a folder inside Documents because is too big game save files

Don't want OneDrive to upload a folder inside Documents because is too big game save files: Hello, Can I make OneDrive no to upload backup a fonder inside Documents? It is too big and fills my OneDrive. Thanks and regards Andres https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-want-onedrive-to-upload-a-folder-inside/90c46a57-b7b3-4c99-b20b-e3ecce501de5
  7. Wifi Disconnection when gaming

Wifi Disconnection when gaming: Recently my wifi turned off whenver I physically moved it which I fixed with the help of master samurai but recently whenver I try play a game such as league or valorant my wifi drops and only way I can fix this is by reinstalling drivers I have been in like 3 penalties so...
  8. 5.1 sound in movies, 2.0 sound in games on HDMI cable

5.1 sound in movies, 2.0 sound in games on HDMI cable: Hey guys! So, my system is connected like this: PC -> (hdmi from NVIDIA 1660super) -> LG tv -> (HDMI) -> LG home theater If I'm playing Netflix or downloaded movies or sound samples (and even the trailers in the Dolby Access app), I DO get 5.1 sound (both dolby and dts;...
  9. Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.

Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.: The path that I'm trying to find is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common". Inside the "common" folder are the individual game folders. For example a path to a game's executable would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark...
  10. Windows 10 Games issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Games issue: On my windows 10 laptop I am unable to Play ANY games downloaded from the Microsoft game store Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this? Please Help...