Windows 10: games

Discus and support games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Suddenly pc games won't install. The disk loads, I select a game, and then nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sherrysteffens, Jul 19, 2021.

1. games

Suddenly pc games won't install. The disk loads, I select a game, and then nothing

:)

sherrysteffens, Jul 19, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Black Bars in Game

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and appreciate the steps taken to solve the issue.

I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2021
  4. games

Angela Pun, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

games

1. games - Similar Threads - games

2. I can't download the game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download the game: Hello everyone, 2 - 3 days ago I wanted to download the game Forza Horizon 4 from the Microsoft Store, but I can't because there are 2 problems, 1 it does not start downloading the game at all, and 2 it is the Initialization of the download, it just hung on this phrase and...
  3. When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…: Please help.I have a small c drive and keep all my games on an external. I’ve changed the setting > storage directory to d drive but when ever I go to install gears5 it still only shows the c drive location.I have also restarted the comp etc.Thanks for your help.EDIT: it...
  4. When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When Changing the game download location doesn’t work…: Please help.I have a small c drive and keep all my games on an external. I’ve changed the setting > storage directory to d drive but when ever I go to install gears5 it still only shows the c drive location.I have also restarted the comp etc.Thanks for your help....
  5. Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps/games using more CPU and GPU than usual: From yesterday I am facing a weird problem , normally while playing games my CPU usage stays at 40-50 percent and GPU usage stays at 60-70depends on games but now if I open up my games the CPU usage goes to 80-90 percent and GPU goes 100 percent . Previously I used to play...
  6. game makes headphone audio fuzzy despite reinstalling/downloading drivers multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    game makes headphone audio fuzzy despite reinstalling/downloading drivers multiple times: my device has Bluetooth headphones connected to it which work perfectly for most applications and games. however certain games cause the audio to sound as if it's a bad recording. I've attempted to reinstall, reenable, reconnect, the audio sources. My audio enhancements are...
  7. Oh Internet Offline: MS Edge Fulfills Your Needs [Surfing Game]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oh Internet Offline: MS Edge Fulfills Your Needs [Surfing Game]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KGO87 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ou55rx/oh_internet_offline_ms_edge_fulfills_your_needs/
  8. Delayed BSOD after playing video games for a few minutes, again VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Delayed BSOD after playing video games for a few minutes, again VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I have somehow come across the same BSOD after solving it a few weeks ago. It persists across multiples games and happens after either a short duration 1 minute or a long duration 40 minutes of gameplay. Whenever it happens, the game would close and show a prompt regarding...
  9. BSOD from gaming and random

BSOD from gaming and random: Hi thereI've been having a rough week when it comes to my PC. This picture should give you an idea:I have a memory dump if anyone can help explain what is going on?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mnIUt3mg505qpZMVALSgn9roMsAkP5qA/view?usp=drivesdk...
  10. Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Bar captures not recording in the correct size: Whenever I record videos using Game Bar on Windows 10, it records my gameplay but when I view it later on, the video is shrunk to the top left corner of the space it plays in. This wasn't always the case, it started happening several months ago. It only happens for video...