Windows 10: Gaming: Am I a modder if I only hold down the shift key?

Discus and support Gaming: Am I a modder if I only hold down the shift key? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Because with some cars you drive faster with it or when does modding start? Gaming: Bin ich Modder, wenn ich nur die Shift-Taste festklemme? Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dreieck002, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Gaming: Am I a modder if I only hold down the shift key?

Because with some cars you drive faster with it or when does modding start?

:)

Dreieck002, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Andeedew Win User

Shift key not working when holding down a key

Hello,

I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint.

When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I double tap shift (which sometimes works) and then the next keys will be an uppercase. or when i try get an uppercase letter, i hold shift and press the
    key once and it still wont work.

I reinstalled the drivers, turned off sticky keys.

If anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated!

Andeedew, Jun 13, 2020
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Gaming: Am I a modder if I only hold down the shift key?

Please help me with my shift key woes

i should probably give a warning that i graduated recently with a bas in IT so when dealing with basic troubleshooting, I know my stuff. Also what follows is more or less the log I've kept when troubleshooting.

computer information - hp pavilion 17 notebook, used for just about anything (mostly gaming and writing)

symptoms - shift keys don't work/work sporadically, when holding down both shift keys and pressing a key on the 'z' or 'q' rows, the computer reacts if i pressed a corresponding key on the other row. Example: pressing z with both shift keys produce zq. at
    first, just having the osk up made it so that the shift keys acted how they should be, but now, it has mostly become the only way i can even log into my computer. it's a hassle.

steps i've taken -

• reboot
    • checked region/language, keyboard language, and accessibility options and verified that they are what they should be
    • deleted drivers through driver manager and reboot
    • clean boot
    • refreshed pc
    • every key combination which has popped up on google searches
    • very thorough google searches using keywords i'm aware of

gregora14241, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Gaming: Am I a modder if I only hold down the shift key?

1. Gaming: Am I a modder if I only hold down the shift key? - Similar Threads - Gaming modder hold

2. Shift key only works when I tap it, not when I hold it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key only works when I tap it, not when I hold it.: My shift key, for some reason, only works when I tap it, and then the next character will be affected by the shift key, but if I hold it then it won't.I need a fix please...It fixes itself when I restart my pc but I'm tired of doing that....
  3. Shift key only works when I tap it, not when I hold it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key only works when I tap it, not when I hold it.: My shift key, for some reason, only works when I tap it, and then the next character will be affected by the shift key, but if I hold it then it won't.I need a fix please...It fixes itself when I restart my pc but I'm tired of doing that....
  4. Shift key only works when I tap it, not when I hold it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...: I've found that the dash doesn't work with the virtual keyboard either. To fix that I tried:remove the driver and restartkeyboard troubleshooter...
  6. The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...: I've found that the dash doesn't work with the virtual keyboard either. To fix that I tried:remove the driver and restartkeyboard troubleshooter...
  7. The keyboard hyphen key - is not registered. However, if you hold down the Shift key, the...

8. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  9. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  10. My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My keys randomly act like I am holding down the windows key: Every once in a while it acts like I'm holding down the windows key and so when I'm playing games and use W to move forward it tabs out and the only way I have been able to fix this is by fully shutting down and rebooting. I cannot recreate it so I can't call support. It...