Windows 10: Gaming and F keys

Discus and support Gaming and F keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there! I got a question, So i play games like most people but this is the first time i'm playing on a laptop (actually it's been a while since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ed 3000, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ed 3000 Win User

Gaming and F keys

Hi there!
    I got a question, So i play games like most people but this is the first time i'm playing on a laptop
    (actually it's been a while since then) and my F key's won't work when i'm playing games. Can someone help me please, my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series.
    Any help is appreciated, Thank you

:)

Ed 3000, Oct 30, 2015

2. Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I was having the same problems with my keyboard...

Windows search " System settings"

Then go to the bar that says Function or FN key.

Change the setting to " standard F-1 F-12 mode.

It will restart your computer.

It should solve the problem, but you may have to re apply the settings multiple times and restart multiple times for the settings to kick in. I had to do it 4 times. Hope this helps! PS check other sites for solutions too. Please reply to tell me if
    it works or not.

Gaming and F keys [​IMG]

Clayton 909, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Zoggles Win User
    Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I don't have anything like that, and none of the windows 10 settings pages I have, has anything to do with a Function Key Mode (not that I have an Fn key, only the F-Lock on the Ergonomic 4000).

Also, this is a desktop.. not a laptop.

Gaming and F keys [​IMG]

Zoggles, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

Gaming and F keys

1. Gaming and F keys - Similar Threads - Gaming keys

2. When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...: When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-any-video-game-in-windows-my-pc-is/0f035422-1843-415c-b6e5-f998ff551a41
  3. When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is...: When playing any video game in windows my pc is making a beeping sound when the C key is pressed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-playing-any-video-game-in-windows-my-pc-is/0f035422-1843-415c-b6e5-f998ff551a41
  4. When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...: Hello, In any game i play, FPS, Driving Sim, Platformer, and i try to use the S key and A or D to move backwards, my character will stop moving entirely. im not sure whats going on or how to fix this issue....
  5. When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...

When in any game, if I press the S key with A or D, I stop moving instead of moving...: Hello, In any game i play, FPS, Driving Sim, Platformer, and i try to use the S key and A or D to move backwards, my character will stop moving entirely. im not sure whats going on or how to fix this issue....
  6. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...: I need help i’ve tried uninstalling the game but the keyboard delay is still there. I use my laptops keyboard but i plugged in one but it still does the same thing....
  7. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...: I need help i’ve tried uninstalling the game but the keyboard delay is still there. I use my laptops keyboard but i plugged in one but it still does the same thing....
  8. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I was trying to press Ctrl And 2 at the same time for a game, but I found out the two keys...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to press Ctrl And 2 at the same time for a game, but I found out the two keys...: I need to press these two keys in a game at the same time, but it doesn't work. It is seriously annoying. Any solutions? I got Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-press-ctrl-and-2-at-the-same-time/b3d74b51-a89d-4dd1-947b-9a4fbc6af7d1
  10. I was trying to press Ctrl And 2 at the same time for a game, but I found out the two keys...

I was trying to press Ctrl And 2 at the same time for a game, but I found out the two keys...: I need to press these two keys in a game at the same time, but it doesn't work. It is seriously annoying. Any solutions? I got Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-press-ctrl-and-2-at-the-same-time/b3d74b51-a89d-4dd1-947b-9a4fbc6af7d1