Windows 10: Gaming and F keys

Discus and support Gaming and F keys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there! I got a question, So i play games like most people but this is the first time i'm playing on a laptop (actually it's been a while since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ed 3000, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ed 3000 Win User

Gaming and F keys

Hi there!
    I got a question, So i play games like most people but this is the first time i'm playing on a laptop
    (actually it's been a while since then) and my F key's won't work when i'm playing games. Can someone help me please, my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series.
    Any help is appreciated, Thank you

:)

Ed 3000, Oct 30, 2015

2. Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I was having the same problems with my keyboard...

Windows search " System settings"

Then go to the bar that says Function or FN key.

Change the setting to " standard F-1 F-12 mode.

It will restart your computer.

It should solve the problem, but you may have to re apply the settings multiple times and restart multiple times for the settings to kick in. I had to do it 4 times. Hope this helps! PS check other sites for solutions too. Please reply to tell me if
    it works or not.

Gaming and F keys [​IMG]

Clayton 909, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Zoggles Win User
    Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I don't have anything like that, and none of the windows 10 settings pages I have, has anything to do with a Function Key Mode (not that I have an Fn key, only the F-Lock on the Ergonomic 4000).

Also, this is a desktop.. not a laptop.

Gaming and F keys [​IMG]

Zoggles, Oct 30, 2015
Thema:

Gaming and F keys

1. Gaming and F keys - Similar Threads - Gaming keys

2. keys repeat while gaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    keys repeat while gaming: other thread about this didnt help when i play a game, and for example, have to hold w, it jitters and instead of holding it like the keyboard should be doing, it wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in the gameany game...
  3. Keyboard Keys Switched and Mouse Buttons Switched while gaming Every Day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keys Switched and Mouse Buttons Switched while gaming Every Day: Hello, ISSUE Whenever I am playing Minecraft Especially a Particular Modded version 1.12.2. My game randomly switches controls so If I am typing W it closes chrome. If I Right-Clicking in the desktop screen, It opens up Minecraft, Now you will be wondering why I have posted a...
  4. Laptop keys get stuck only in video games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keys get stuck only in video games: Hello there,So I have an issue with my laptop, no USB keyboard or anything. just the default one.So my issue is that when only SPECIFICALLY playing video games, any one, fullscreen or not, when I press any WASD key, 20% of the time it just keeps getting pressed, even though I...
  5. keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game

keys turned into shortcut key after launching a game: Keys have turned into shortcut keys after launching Max Payne 2001 game. But, it gets fixed after when I restart my computer. Does anyone know how to fix it? Also, my keys are not stuck....
  6. "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "W" Key keeps "sticking" in games or dosent function: I have been having this problem for a month or so now after one of the updates. In games like COD Warzone and Subnautica the "W" key will stick without being pressed for 5 seconds almost to the point or will not read my presses for the same amount of time. I have tried all...
  7. Why do my Function Keys don't work when playing some games?

Why do my Function Keys don't work when playing some games?: With that I don't mean F1-F9 don't work as assigned keys for the game controls, what I mean is that the alternate key functions volume controls, mute, brightess, etc. don't work in-game.For example, if i want to change the volume, normally i would press Fn+F3 and it works...
  8. If I have Forza Horizon 4 in the Microsoft Store, can I get Steam-key of the game without...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    If I have Forza Horizon 4 in the Microsoft Store, can I get Steam-key of the game without...: This is because steam is very comfortable for me with it's community, UI, achievements and countless other features and I really like Forza Horizon 4, so I want to make sure I don't have to pay for it twice....
  9. Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page: So I am having an issue with Xbox Game Bar where sometimes when I press the windows key + G to open it up, it doesn't open and just opens up the settings page for Xbox game bar. Once there I have to keep pressing windows key + G to open the game bar. Sometimes it opens on the...
  10. How do you reset the push to talk keys on xbox game bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you reset the push to talk keys on xbox game bar?: So i was playing with friend on xbox messing around and they I accidentally assigned three keys to the keybind, how do i reset this submitted by /u/Dankgodperson [link] [comments]...