Windows 10: Gaming Desktop Keeps Restarting

Discus and support Gaming Desktop Keeps Restarting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, So i've had this rig for about 3 years now and this is the first issue i've had with it. It boots up and runs for a bit but then randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cowpatty96, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Gaming Desktop Keeps Restarting

Hey guys,

So i've had this rig for about 3 years now and this is the first issue i've had with it. It boots up and runs for a bit but then randomly restarts. It then runs proper for a bit less time and restarts again, then keeps shutting down and restarting, eventually getting to the point where the LED's light up, but nothing comes through on my monitor. Also when its gets like that, the power button won't shut it down.

I have tried a unplugging and replugging everything, fac resetting, and resinstalling windows. Does anyone know what else it could be? Someone said maybe a faulty power supply but i dont think thats it.

Im running a AMD FX-6300 processor if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Cowpatty96
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cowpatty96, Aug 15, 2020

2. game scores and game progress

Hello,

To assist you further I would like to ask if you are playing the game online or from desktop.

If the game is installed and you are playing from the desktop, the issue might be caused due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game from the game developers website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the
      game and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2020
  3. pc gaming HELLO

Hi Robert,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• Sign out your account from the game.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps by clicking this
      link
    • Sign in your account and check it.

If the steps above do not work, we recommend getting in touch with the game developer to get the missing item you’ve purchased. Click this
    link to contact the game developer.

Keep us posted.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Gaming Desktop Keeps Restarting

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Gaming Desktop Keeps Restarting

1. Gaming Desktop Keeps Restarting - Similar Threads - Gaming Desktop Keeps

2. Computer keeps restarting when gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps restarting when gaming.: My computer keep restarting after barely ten minutes of gaming but will run smoothly on any other task. I can be watching YouTube for 2 hours and it will be fine but once I decide I want to play games the computer decides to randomly restart and it's usually after 7 - 10...
  3. Computer keeps restarting when gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps restarting when gaming.: My computer keep restarting after barely ten minutes of gaming but will run smoothly on any other task. I can be watching YouTube for 2 hours and it will be fine but once I decide I want to play games the computer decides to randomly restart and it's usually after 7 - 10...
  4. Most games keep crashing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most games keep crashing to desktop: I recently bought a new PC, Ryzen 5 7600X, RTX 4070 and windows 11 however most of the higher end games such as GTA V, Overwatch 2 and a couple times with Baldurs gate 3 Which was blue screening , keep crashing, not immediately but after about 20 - 30 minutes of playing, I've...
  5. Most games keep crashing to desktop

Most games keep crashing to desktop: I recently bought a new PC, Ryzen 5 7600X, RTX 4070 and windows 11 however most of the higher end games such as GTA V, Overwatch 2 and a couple times with Baldurs gate 3 Which was blue screening , keep crashing, not immediately but after about 20 - 30 minutes of playing, I've...
  6. Computer keeps Crashing/Restarting While Gaming.

Computer keeps Crashing/Restarting While Gaming.: Just bought a Gaming Pc this month but after 30 minutes - 1 hour of playing a game, the computer crashes and restarts.I have installed up to date drivers for Geforce GTX Super 1660, as well as replacing what I thought might be a faulty Power supply unit. I also purchased an...
  7. PC keeps restarting while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps restarting while playing games: I've had this for a while now where my pc suddenly turns of as if the power was cut off which isn't the cause and then immediately just boots up again, there is no BSOD. It has only happened so far when playing games with high graphics. I always get the following events just...
  8. Games keep minimizing to desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games keep minimizing to desktop.: Hey everyone! So Ive started having this issue with my pc where all games just keep minimizing to the desktop randomly on their own. Its really annoying and I dont know whats causing it. Are any of you guys experiencing this at the moment? I havent changed any of my settings...
  9. Desktop and task bar keeps restarting

Desktop and task bar keeps restarting: Hi, It has been few days since this is happening that the desktop screen totally goes off amd then comes back in 2 3 seconds. Its like hiccups to the pc. This problem started when first after switching on my pc it took too long to open and thn directly this thing started...
  10. Windows desktop keeps crashing/restarting

Windows desktop keeps crashing/restarting: When i login to my account the windows desktop tries to load but restarts, and when it restarts it crashes again repeating the restart over and over. When i go to task mamanger the eindows explorer task keeps restarting and status changes to suspended. Does anybody know...