Windows 10: Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update (current version 1809) Please help!

Discus and support Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update (current version 1809) Please help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Team, I am facing very weird issue after windows 10 updates. When i play any games on PC my game starts stuttering & huge FPS drop. This games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NikhilHarde, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update (current version 1809) Please help!

Hello Team, I am facing very weird issue after windows 10 updates. When i play any games on PC my game starts stuttering & huge FPS drop. This games was running fine before updates but now all games stuttering. Please tell me how to fix this. I am reading every forums on Microsoft & Nvidia but still didn't find anything. Or atleast tell me how to Roll back to 1607 version of windows 10. Please help this is really frustrating.

PC Specs:

Win10 Pro

Intel i5 2400

GTX 970 Strix

12 GB RAM

Please Help...............!

:)

NikhilHarde, Jan 10, 2019

2. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have a NVIDIA GEforce 1070 and I was able to run games such as CS:GO or League of Legends smoothly before the new year. However, after the recent Windows
    10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. For example, League of Legends ran at 144 fps (I capped it there) and constantly ran at 144 fps before the new year. However, after the new year update, my League fails to consistently run 144 fps, drops
    down to even 90 sometimes, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PenguinYuki, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

This is a well documented problem that microsoft is trying to ignore. I have this stuttering and low fps problem on every single one of my windows 10 machines, and many of my friends. I have had this problem on and off for the last two years. See this nvidia
    forum with over 200 pages of people with the same problem.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...h-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/

MesotheliomaCompensation, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Dull Byte Win User

Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update (current version 1809) Please help!

Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update (current version 1809) Please help!

1. Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update (current version 1809) Please help! - Similar Threads - Gaming FPS Drop

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  5. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  6. fps drop and stuttering in valorant games after update to KB5004296

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps drop and stuttering in valorant games after update to KB5004296: At first, all was well. Then I got an update notification of Intel graphics card and Windows update KB5004296. During the update I played my game. Then I restarted my pc to finish the update. When re-entering the game, the fps suddenly drops up and down, every click and...
  7. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973
  8. FPS drop please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FPS drop please help!: Hi guys, I have a serious issue with fps as it drops casually, my cpu clock drops to 400 mhz when I launch any game then I noticed high cpu usage and low gpu usage, and the temperature of both is pretty normal. At first I thought that it was thermal throttling but I don't...
  9. Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Game Stuttering with FPS drops in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Microsoft has pushed hard for Gaming on Windows 10 PCs. Every update has got something for gamers, but it’s not without hiccups and issues around gaming. One of the major problems reported by users is Game Stuttering with FPS drops for [...] This post Fix Game...
  10. Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stuttering with FPS drops since Windows 10 Creators Update: I can't really say for sure if it's the creators update cause I started playing the game 2 days before the CU and for that time I got no problems but after CU I started to notice problems with Dragon Dogma on Steam *Sad What makes me crazy is that even when I make the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows update dota 2 starts stuttering

2. 1909 drop fps

3. dota 2 weird problems fps smoothness alt tab

4. windows 10 game stuttering 1809,
  5. major stuttering 1809,
  6. windows 10 1809 fps fix,
  7. gaming fps drop/stutter after recent windows 10 update,
  8. Windows 10 version 1809 made my FPS drop to 60,
  9. is win update 1809 any good for gaming,
  10. i5 2400 gaming stutter