Windows 10: Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

Discus and support Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I haven't had the new PC delivered yet, but am wondering if, as Vista drivers for gaming hardware tended to be OK in Win7, should they and/or Win7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by martinlest, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

I haven't had the new PC delivered yet, but am wondering if, as Vista drivers for gaming hardware tended to be OK in Win7, should they and/or Win7 drivers work in Win10?

Thinking of things like Saitek X52, Belkin Nostromo N52..

I could of course post to the various hardware forums themselves to ask, but meantime maybe someone already has some experience of Win7 hardware drivers in Win10, or will soon have after 29th.?

Thanks,

Martin

:)

martinlest, Jul 26, 2015

2. Blacklight Retribution crashes randomly when playing game

Ok i've tried now everything you wrote, reinstalled the driver normally, restarted, tried to run the game, it crashed after 10min of playing, after that installed the driver in win7 compatibility mode, restarted, launcher the game again but it crashed
    again after a few minutes.

NemanjaAleksic, Jul 26, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Can't run Hitman Absolution for windows 10

The game most likely ran OK on Win7 because HP has Win7 drivers available for the HD3000 graphics

on your machine from their web site.

There are no 'proper' ( from HP ) Win10 graphics drivers for Intel HD3000. The graphics are using MS's generic

Win10 graphics drivers. Not having suitable graphics drivers can result in lowered performance, or even

the game not recognising the graphics processor.

Add lower performance to a graphics processor that is only just capable of running the game when at it's best,

and you are likely to have problems.

Intel have posted is disclaimer on their site ( well there was one back when MS was pushing 'free' Win10 )

regarding the advisability of using HD2000/3000 graphics on Win10.

BossDweeb, Jul 26, 2015
Thema:

Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10?

1. Gaming hardware drivers for Win7 OK in Win10? - Similar Threads - Gaming hardware drivers

2. My hardware low, so it ok for win10 20H?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My hardware low, so it ok for win10 20H?: Hi im just here for ask a about my low hardware can handle a win10 20h2 or i just stand on win10 1803 or go back win7 last version? My Hardware: Intel® Pentium® G3220 3.00 Ghz NAVIDIA GeForce 310 Ram 4GB SSD 255 No more SSD or HDD install Thank for read my silly...
  3. Win7 on Win10?

Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  4. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  5. win10/win7 dual boot (hardware option)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10/win7 dual boot (hardware option): On my desktop I am using ICY DOCK SSD cage for my OS: MB322SP-B_ExpressCage_2.5" HDD/SSD CAGES_ICY DOCK manufacturer Removable enclosure, Screwless hard drive enclosure, SAS SATA Mobile Rack, DVR Surveillance Recording, Video Audio Editing, SATA portable hard drive enclosure...
  6. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  7. Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10: Hello guys. I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer. I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 10 pro via the free Microsoft upgrade. All went amazingly well with all my files and folders intact. The only...
  8. Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10

Canoscan scanner 4200f OK on Win7 now no driver for Win 10: Hello guys. I just came here from the excellent Win7 forums, where I've been for ages. A very happy customer. I recently upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 10 pro via the free Microsoft upgrade. All went amazingly well with all my files and folders intact. The only...
  9. Win7 games on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 games on Win10: A while ago I installed Win7 games on Win10 using msgames_win8_x64.msi as mentioned in thread Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums I wondered if this was legal but did it anyway. Installing the TH2 update removed the games. I installed them again, but...
  10. Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU: This has to be the least important problem with the AU, but ... Shortly after installing Win10 I installed the old W7 solitaire package using the procedure in Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. It has been working fine for a a year or so....