Windows 10: Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer

Discus and support Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can hear audio through the headset but not be able to speak through it. It also cant actually detect the headset and only the internal will work.i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NocternalFuse, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer

I can hear audio through the headset but not be able to speak through it. It also cant actually detect the headset and only the internal will work.i

:)

NocternalFuse, Dec 20, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer :p

cadaveca, Dec 20, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Restart after disabling the XSplit. May not make a difference but worth trying.

What's left is the possibility the multi jack is the issue. A computer mic needs +5V DC to operate. If that is not being provided it could be a reason the mic is not detected or working. Another problem is the jack or internal components.

Since the separate mic jack works, you could get a splitter, to provide separate TRS plugs for the mic and headset and try that. If that still does not work, it suggests there is a compatibility problem between the headset and your PC (since you reported the headset/mic work in a game console).

fireberd, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer

Headset Mics not detected

Hi Zach,

This issue may have been caused by an outdated driver.

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the headset detected under Device manager?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Updating your audio jack driver can help. To update driver in Windows 10, refer to this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer

1. Gaming Headset is not being detected by Computer - Similar Threads - Gaming Headset being

2. Headset being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset being detected as headphones: Device is an Acer Nitro 5 running Windows 11. I THINK this is the headset I am using https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-nitro-headset-blackIn device manager, my headset 3.5mm jack with a microphone on it is only being detected as "Headphones". It doesn't appear in the input...
  3. Headset being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset being detected as headphones: Device is an Acer Nitro 5 running Windows 11. I THINK this is the headset I am using https://store.acer.com/en-gb/acer-nitro-headset-blackIn device manager, my headset 3.5mm jack with a microphone on it is only being detected as "Headphones". It doesn't appear in the input...
  4. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  5. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  6. Headsets are not being detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headsets are not being detected.: My Headsets are not being detected by my laptop. Though the headsets are working normally everywhere else. Also they start working once i restart my laptop plugging in my headsets. Kindly help?...
  7. Headsets are not being detected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headsets are not being detected.: My Headsets are not being detected by my laptop. Though the headsets are working normally everywhere else. Also they start working once i restart my laptop plugging in my headsets. Kindly help?...
  8. Mic's Not Being detected on headsets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic's Not Being detected on headsets: Hi,So Basically the problem is when i plug a headset in it Asks what is plugged in fine, i choose headset but it doesn't add any mic to my recordings tab all I have is Mic Array And Stereo MIX. I've looked at nearly every video and webpage about this but they all tell me to...
  9. Headset with microphone not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset with microphone not being detected: Specs: Dell OptiPlex 5060 Windows 10 Black 3.5mm jack on front panel Green audio out jack on back panel I just bought a Steelseries Arctis 3 headset to use with my work computer (will also be using it for PS4). When plugged into the front jack, Windows does not recognize...
  10. Beexcellent Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beexcellent Headset not being detected: I've bought a beexcellent headset about maybe a year. It was working before, but I'm not sure what changed. It only works if I set it on realtek, but it doesn't show my hardware output. Especially if I try to setup on voicemeeter. It would normally show what I'm using...