Windows 10: Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

Discus and support Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a brand new PC yesterday. I went to plug my headset in to play and there is no sound. The headset worked fine on my other PC and my Xbox. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Real Name3, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

I bought a brand new PC yesterday. I went to plug my headset in to play and there is no sound. The headset worked fine on my other PC and my Xbox. I tried all the ports and nothing I did connect other things to be sure that the ports worked. I checked the cord and it works. I have gone through settings, control panel, and device manager. None of that applies because my PC won’t even recognize that the headset is plugged in and yes, it is turned on. Everything that every website says I have tried in the last 12 hours. Since I got my PC set up. I am not sure what is going on.

:)

Real Name3, Mar 19, 2023
  2. dictum Win User

MSI Gaming headset not detected

MSI Titan GT80 SLI
    Win10

The headset looks exactly like this. It's not recognized by the OS, plays no sound, neither does the mike work.

Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC 310460d1607821345t-msi-gaming-headset-not-detected-image.png

MSI Gaming Headset S - Newegg.com

There are no drivers that I can find on the MSI page.

To clarify, other headsets work just fine. Even cheap $10 ones (especially those).

So it's an issue with the driver apparently. It's new and never worked.

dictum, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Mar 19, 2023
  4. cadaveca Win User

Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC :p

cadaveca, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

1. Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC - Similar Threads - Gaming headset detected

2. New PC. x2 Bluetooth headsets not detecting microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC. x2 Bluetooth headsets not detecting microphone.: I've updated all relevant drivers. When connecting to the headsets, it's only audio which connects with no microphone which means I cannot dial into Teams meetings. I had no issues on my previous laptop which also had windows 11. What's going on?...
  3. New PC. x2 Bluetooth headsets not detecting microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC. x2 Bluetooth headsets not detecting microphone.: I've updated all relevant drivers. When connecting to the headsets, it's only audio which connects with no microphone which means I cannot dial into Teams meetings. I had no issues on my previous laptop which also had windows 11. What's going on?...
  4. Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming headset is not detected by brand new PC: I bought a brand new PC yesterday. I went to plug my headset in to play and there is no sound. The headset worked fine on my other PC and my Xbox. I tried all the ports and nothing I did connect other things to be sure that the ports worked. I checked the cord and it works. I...
  5. MSI Gaming headset not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI Gaming headset not detected: MSI Titan GT80 SLI Win10 The headset looks exactly like this. It's not recognized by the OS, plays no sound, neither does the mike work. [img] MSI Gaming Headset S - Newegg.com There are no drivers that I can find on the MSI page. To clarify, other headsets work just...
  6. BSOD Brand New PC when running games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand New PC when running games: Hi, Just got a new PC tonight and when I run games after a few seconds I get a BSOD. I tried using the display driver uninstall and redownloaded new ones. I'm running a 2080 in this and have the latest NVIDIA. Attached is the .zip dump. 162289
  7. New Headset for Gaming

New Headset for Gaming: So I recently got some new headphones in and I use them to play games like Ovewatch. Well I cannot hear myself when I talk and for some Reason that really throws me off. Is there someway to turn that on so I can hear myself when I talk?...
  8. Brand New Wireless Headset Device is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Wireless Headset Device is not working: I am having trouble getting my new Logitech G533 Wireless Gaming Headset to work on my PC. I am currently running: Alienware Aurora R6 Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1903 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 Processor 4-Cores, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0 GSkill DDR4 48 Gb Ram 2132...
  9. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  10. Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets)

Buzzing sound through brand new headset (and other headsets): So I'm trying to get an external microphone (on a headset) working on my recently bought HP laptop (it's the Star Wars LE here), last night I was testing my headset but there is a really loud buzzing sound even when there's absolutely no interference in the room. I've...