Windows 10: Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers

Discus and support Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a cross-platform gaming headset P-Series Geeknet Headset that I use on both my Xbox and PC. It works fine with most things on my Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ezraelle, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Ezraelle Win User

Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers

I have a cross-platform gaming headset P-Series Geeknet Headset that I use on both my Xbox and PC. It works fine with most things on my Windows 10 Lenovo Yoga C930 but every time I plug it in to use during a Zoom call, I find later that it has corrupted my Intel SST Audio Driver. I'm wondering if this has something to do with Zoom as that seems to be what triggers it the most, my headset, or my audio driver? I have only a functional knowledge of this sort of thing so I'm not sure how to get it to stop doing that and work properly.

:)

Ezraelle, Feb 24, 2021

2. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Hi thincks,

You've mentioned that the audio issue started probably after installing the latest Windows 10 update.

Please take note that there are a few things we should consider after a Windows update has been installed.

That being said, I would like to know if you already have tried installing the latest Bluetooth driver for your PC. If not, I strongly recommend to update your drivers from your driver manufacturer's web site.

If updating the Bluetooth driver didn't do the trick, you may consider uninstalling the audio driver. Just open your Device Manager by right-clicking the
    Start or the Windows icon, choose Device Manager, right-click the audio driver, then select
    Uninstall. Reboot your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Have you also tried using a different Bluetooth headset to see if the same game audio issue will persist? How about using the same Bluetooth headset on a different PC? Did you get the same experience?

Since you also said that you've done some troubleshooting steps already, have you tried running the
    Audio troubleshooter? If not, here's how:

1. Select the Start or the Windows icon, then type
      Troubleshoot.
    2. Choose Troubleshoot from the list of the results.
    3. Click Playing Audio, then Run the troubleshooter.

To give you a bit of an idea, there are some apps that has their own volume controls. You might want to check if this kind of setting is found on the games you're playing.

Just respond to this message with your answers and I'll get back to you as swift as I can.

Michelle Her, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Wullail Win User

chat headset for chat & game audio through speakers

'normally' , for that sort of thing , IF it shows up as an audio device under 'playback devices', you make your game speakers the 'default' device and your headset the 'default communications device'.

Depends if the chat headset shows up in the list though.

Wullail, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Gaming Headset Keeps Corrupting Audio Drivers - Similar Threads - Gaming Headset Keeps

2. Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.: My drivers are updated, ROG PC, the headset works with literally every other system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-driver-not-detecting-headset-mic/f9affa0f-3b2b-4bc5-b315-f5fd439f21b1
  3. Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.: My drivers are updated, ROG PC, the headset works with literally every other system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-driver-not-detecting-headset-mic/f9affa0f-3b2b-4bc5-b315-f5fd439f21b1
  4. Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11: I recently got a new Logitech Zone Vibe 125, which comes with an USB bluetooth adapter. I use it mostly for work, I make/receive phone calls or meeting through Zoom, and sometimes I listen to music during my free time.The audio will sometimes just disconnect out of nowhere, I...
  5. Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset keeps losing audio on Windows 11: I recently got a new Logitech Zone Vibe 125, which comes with an USB bluetooth adapter. I use it mostly for work, I make/receive phone calls or meeting through Zoom, and sometimes I listen to music during my free time.The audio will sometimes just disconnect out of nowhere, I...
  6. Headset Mic not working with Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic not working with Realtek Audio Driver: I have the Logitech G332 headset and the RealtekR Audio driver installed on device manager, but in my control panel under sound and recording, it says "Jack Mic" isn't plugged in even though my audio still works fine. I'm not sure why Realtek isn't detecting my mic....
  7. Games/Downloads Keep getting corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games/Downloads Keep getting corrupted.: Hello my name is Damian. Almost every game I try to download keeps getting corrupted. Also sometimes when I try to fix the download by verifying the game files it still gets corrupted. It started when I wanted to download a game. That would work out normal. But after I...
  8. Keyboard keeps getting corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keeps getting corrupted drivers: Hello there, since 3 days ago, my laptop keys (enter, spacebar and backspace) stopped working and i figured out my drivers were probably corrupted so I reinstalled them. Everything worked out fine after it. The only problem im having now is that they keep getting corrupted...
  9. audio driver detecting headset as headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    audio driver detecting headset as headphones: after update of audio driver my laptop detecting headset as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver-detecting-headset-as-headphones/c9ea0d96-6470-42a6-9003-53afcd09c7ad
  10. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue: I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built in speakers...