Windows 10: Gaming headset mic not working

Discus and support Gaming headset mic not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a gaming headset RAZER KRAKEN X and the mic doesn't work. It says that my microphone isn't plugged in even if it is. Underneath it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IvanChinapah, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Gaming headset mic not working

Hi,

I just bought a gaming headset RAZER KRAKEN X and the mic doesn't work. It says that my microphone isn't plugged in even if it is. Underneath it, it says Line in not plugged and sterio mix disabled. I disabled the sterio mix because it was echoing my window screenheadset audio. And Realtek r audio beneath the titles.

DETAILED: so my headset came with the headset with a cable that had one jack. It came also with an adapter that had one jack for adapting and two jacks which had the color pink and lite blue. so I plugged the headset cable into the adapter and set the pink-colored cable to the pink jack located on my IO at the back of my pc. Same with the lite blue cable but on the lite blue jack. There was one more jack at the IO which had the color blue on. I didn't do anything with it.

After plugging in everything, I went to the control panel and pressed on sounds. then I went to recordings and saw that microphone Realtekr audio was not plugged in. line up Realtekr audio not plugged in. and sterio mix plugged in. so I went and pressed properties on the sterio mix and checked on the listen to the audio. I couldn't hear something and the waves didn't turn green but stayed gray. I tried to set the volume up and the sterio mix captured it. so I think that the sterio mix is taking my pc audio. therefore I disabled it.

I don't know what to do so can someone at least help me as quickly as possible.

Summary: My headset mic isn't working and I don't know how to fix it. However, my headset audio is working so I can hear but I cant speak.

:)

IvanChinapah, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Dragondog Win User

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Nov 28, 2020
  3. G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why the mic on your headset is not working. To properly assist you with this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different headset and check if the issue persists?
    • Are you having the issue with all of your games and other applications?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below.

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Gaming headset mic not working

Headset Mic Not Working

I really need some help.

I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset.

So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped.

It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore.

The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. Any suggestions?

John6Johnson6, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Gaming headset mic not working

1. Gaming headset mic not working - Similar Threads - Gaming headset mic

2. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  3. Headset Mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working: Recently I have bought a new headset Turtle Beach 50x as my old one broke, however the microphone on it does not work. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work.It is weird as before I broke my old headset, the mic worked fine and I was able to only need to use the...
  4. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: For the past few weeks I've been having issues with my mic and for a while I didn't have much but earlier today I discovered something. So as background my mic has broken multiple times, I thought it was my Oculus which part of it may be but then I used my Oculus and it...
  5. Headset's mic, not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset's mic, not working.: I was using my laptop normally, Until My Microphone suddenly stopped working, I checked to see if i accidentally changed the default input setting, then i saw the Microphone was entirely gone. I checked "Device Manager", The Driver was gone too. I checked the "More audio...
  6. Headset mic not working

Headset mic not working: Hello everybody!I really hope somebody can help me, as I tried everything :I recently bought a Razer Blackshark V2 X headset with a 3.5mm jack. I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop.When I plug the headset in, the audio is fine although th quality is not that great, but the mic won't...
  7. Headset Mic Not Working

Headset Mic Not Working: I'm experiencing an ongoing problem with the microphone on my headset when it is plugged into the front audio jack of my desktop PC. Between troubleshooting the issue varies between the following outcomes:- No input detected at all from my mic- Input is detected but very very...
  8. nubwo u3 gaming headset mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nubwo u3 gaming headset mic not working: My headset mic has not been working it would've been a breeze to setup if only my laptop had a microphone jack. I've tried troubleshooting the microphone to which it works but then my headphones don't work. This only happens on this laptop as my other one which was older had...
  9. Gaming Headset mic wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Headset mic wont work: I have a Turtle Beach pc compatible gaming headset plugged into my laptop, and I can hear sound perfectly fine, but my mic wont work at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/gaming-headset-mic-wont-work/2dcd9c2b-361d-4741-a3e6-90c83b95cfec
  10. Headset Mic Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic Not Working: I really need some help. I have a Cloud Stinger HyperX headset. So the Microphone was working fine for many months then a few weeks ago it just stopped. It does not show up on my list of Recording Devices anymore. The only Mic I have is the one built in the computer. I...