Windows 10: Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

Discus and support Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OdaSimuna, Nov 17, 2021.

1. OdaSimuna Win User

Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but plays no sound through the headphones. If I select headphones, the sound is great, but no voice is recorded through the mic. Do I have to buy a splitter?

:)

OdaSimuna, Nov 17, 2021
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Nov 17, 2021
  3. Dragondog Win User
    G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Nov 17, 2021
  4. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why the mic on your headset is not working. To properly assist you with this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different headset and check if the issue persists?
    • Are you having the issue with all of your games and other applications?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below.

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

1. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time - Similar Threads - Gaming headset detected

2. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  3. Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.: My drivers are updated, ROG PC, the headset works with literally every other system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-driver-not-detecting-headset-mic/f9affa0f-3b2b-4bc5-b315-f5fd439f21b1
  4. Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.

Realtek audio driver not detecting headset mic.: My drivers are updated, ROG PC, the headset works with literally every other system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-audio-driver-not-detecting-headset-mic/f9affa0f-3b2b-4bc5-b315-f5fd439f21b1
  5. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time: I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but...
  6. Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time

Gaming headset not detected as mic and audio at same time: I have a headset with a dedicated mic. When I plug it into any port, I am asked to select whether it is headphones, a microphone, or a line-in. Whichever option I select, it works, but it does not function in the other way. If I select microphone, it records audio fine but...
  7. Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether my headset is my Bluetooth one or my USB wired one, any time I try to use the headset microphone, the headphones won't play...
  8. realtek audio console not detecting K9 Retractable Mic Gaming Headset

in Windows 10 Customization
    realtek audio console not detecting K9 Retractable Mic Gaming Headset: when i got K9 Retractable Mic Gaming Headset, it worked for a little while then the next day, It stopped working. the lights still work tho. i have a acer aspire 5 with realtek audio console on it...
  9. Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic Detected but will not pick up audio: I bought the CM MH751 headset and plugged it in as normal using the cable splitter so that the headset and mic are in their correct jacks. The audio to the headset is working correct and the mic is detected but it will not take audio input. I have done troubleshooting for...
  10. Headset Mic and Speakers cannot be used at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Mic and Speakers cannot be used at the same time: I have a problem with my headset. Whenever I go into Discord or another app that uses the microphone, the speakers on my headset stop working, so its either I hear them but they cant hear me or I cant hear them and they can hear me. I have tried giving applications exclusive...