Windows 10: Gaming Headset W/ Detachable Mic Support Issues

Discus and support Gaming Headset W/ Detachable Mic Support Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I'm using a Corsair gaming headset, the headset has a detachable microphone with a plug-in jack. This headset has worked fine up until tonight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaien294, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Kaien294 Win User

Gaming Headset W/ Detachable Mic Support Issues

Hi all

I'm using a Corsair gaming headset, the headset has a detachable microphone with a plug-in jack. This headset has worked fine up until tonight (10/01/2019). I'm aware that when plugging directly into your computer, such as the tower, windows 10 provides an option to select what device has been input. In my case I am aware this needs to be a headset, not headphones. However recently, I struggled to change this after mistakenly putting the option as a headphone, and when plugging the mic into my headset it would not work.

I seem to have arranged a work-around, leaving the option for the dialog box to appear each time I detach and reinsert my headset, however unless the headset is inserted with the mic attached, it simply will not recognise it when plugged in. Does anyone know what settings I need to change to switch from headset to headphones, and vice versa, as well as to make sure I can simply plug in my headset and then my mic later on without having to then re-attach and reset them?

Additionally, I did have some issues with my audio drivers, as it was suggested to disable realtek audio manager and then re-install it, however I attempted this and now only the Realtek audio driver is present in my device manager. I can still use my headset, as above and have noticed no degradation in audio quality, but I want to know if this would also be an issue.

Further details can be provided on request, thanks in advance.

:)

Kaien294, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Dragondog Win User

G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

I have no problem with the audio, only with the mic.

I don't have another headset to check with.

I am having this issue in all games and applications.

Dragondog, Jan 9, 2019
  3. G433 Gaming Headset Mic is not working

Hi,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why the mic on your headset is not working. To properly assist you with this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried using a different headset and check if the issue persists?
    • Are you having the issue with all of your games and other applications?

In the meantime, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below.

Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 9, 2019
  4. GLeN Win User

Gaming mic and headset

I'm sick of using my mic which gives terrible feedback and loops the audio of the speakers, and also getting slapped for having the speakers up to loud trying to hear footsteps when playing cs *Laugh :laugh: So its time to get a headset w/ mic. So what headsets are durable and sound good? Ive broken about 4 headsets by dropping or standing on them but this time i will be more careful. So just find the cheapest of eBay? What ones do you all have?

GLeN, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Gaming Headset W/ Detachable Mic Support Issues - Similar Threads - Gaming Headset Detachable

2. Headset with detachable mic not showing up on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset with detachable mic not showing up on my pc: Hi so my JBL Quantam 100 headset isn't working with my pc, the audio shows up but the mic isn't wanting to work and idk what to do cause i just spent 40$ on this and I don't know what to do...
  3. Headset with detachable mic not showing up on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset with detachable mic not showing up on my pc: Hi so my JBL Quantam 100 headset isn't working with my pc, the audio shows up but the mic isn't wanting to work and idk what to do cause i just spent 40$ on this and I don't know what to do...
  4. Headset with detachable mic not showing up on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11: I recently bought a 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic', while its working on my phone and consoles, it is not working on my laptop. I have updated my drivers, ran troubleshoots but the troubleshoot always just says that "the microphone is...
  6. Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Detachable mic not being detected in Windows 11: I recently bought a 'JBL Quantum 100, Wired Over Ear Gaming Headset with Detachable Mic', while its working on my phone and consoles, it is not working on my laptop. I have updated my drivers, ran troubleshoots but the troubleshoot always just says that "the microphone is...
  7. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  8. Gaming headset mic not working

Gaming headset mic not working: Hi, I just bought a gaming headset RAZER KRAKEN X and the mic doesn't work. It says that my microphone isn't plugged in even if it is. Underneath it, it says Line in not plugged and sterio mix disabled. I disabled the sterio mix because it was echoing my window...
  9. Headset mic issues.

Headset mic issues.: So just today I got a PDP Headset. It has a mic on it, and I can confirm the mic itself works just fine I tried it on my sister's laptop but it only makes blip noises on my laptop. No actual audio pickup. I've been trying for around 4-5 hours now and I've tried installing...
  10. Gaming Headset mic wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Headset mic wont work: I have a Turtle Beach pc compatible gaming headset plugged into my laptop, and I can hear sound perfectly fine, but my mic wont work at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/gaming-headset-mic-wont-work/2dcd9c2b-361d-4741-a3e6-90c83b95cfec

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corsair headset not working detachable mic