Windows 10: Gaming Issue still persists even when KB5004296 is installed.

Discus and support Gaming Issue still persists even when KB5004296 is installed. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I have just installed the KB5004296 a while ago and I hoped that the gaming issue was fixed which was claimed by Microsoft. I have been suffering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jo_1922, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Jo_1922 Win User

Gaming Issue still persists even when KB5004296 is installed.

Hey, I have just installed the KB5004296 a while ago and I hoped that the gaming issue was fixed which was claimed by Microsoft. I have been suffering this since March's Patch Tuesday but when I gamed on it, it still persisted on my system with a 3600 and 2060 Super.Roblox is now 34 FPS when I try it.GTA V is still 27 FPS.CS:GO is suffering 15 FPS.Finally, Fortnite is now stuck on 30 FPS.This is still not fixed and I am mad.Is there another way I can fix it?

:)

Jo_1922, Jul 30, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Gaming Issue still persists even when KB5004296 is installed.

iwin games won't load

Hi Sebrad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the game?

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Gaming Issue still persists even when KB5004296 is installed.

1. Gaming Issue still persists even when KB5004296 is installed. - Similar Threads - Gaming Issue still

2. Persistant BSOD even with fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistant BSOD even with fresh install: Been struggling with this issue for months with no solution. Happens basically every while playing Warzone 2.0 PC freezing and then eventually will Blue screen.Here is the Minidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  3. Persistant BSOD even with fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistant BSOD even with fresh install: Been struggling with this issue for months with no solution. Happens basically every while playing Warzone 2.0 PC freezing and then eventually will Blue screen.Here is the Minidump************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories...
  4. Persistent Gaming Services Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Gaming Services Issues: Currently running the most recent Windows 11 update, hoping it would fix my long running issues, which it did not.For probably a year and a half now I've been dealing with persistent Gaming Services issues in which I cannot install games using Game Pass, nor can I play...
  5. Persistent Gaming Services Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Gaming Services Issues: Currently running the most recent Windows 11 update, hoping it would fix my long running issues, which it did not.For probably a year and a half now I've been dealing with persistent Gaming Services issues in which I cannot install games using Game Pass, nor can I play...
  6. KB5004296

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB5004296: KB5004296 UPDATES IS TOO BAD FOR GAMING ???When i see this in the description " Updates an issue that prevents power plans and Game Mode from working as expected. This results in lower frame rates and reduced performance while gaming. " i updated it quickly but after i...
  7. Problem installing KB5004237 and KB5004296 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing KB5004237 and KB5004296 updates: Hello. I have not been able to install the update for two days: 2021-07 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based systems KB5004237 And today she has also come to this: 2021-07 Windows 10 Version 21H1 Cumulative Update Preview for x64-based Systems KB5004296...
  8. KB5004296 Installation fails at 73%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5004296 Installation fails at 73%: Hi, for the last few days now, my PC has been trying to install 2021-07 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems KB5004296. It always gets stuck on 73% before giving me an error message. 0x800f0990This happened once before and did the usual...
  9. KB5004296

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KB5004296: Hi there, any idea what Windows 21H1 update KB5004296 is supposed to support?RegardsGeorge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5004296/234ba063-94ee-4ef9-9acf-95672cb10e21
  10. BSOD persists even after a clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD persists even after a clean install: The last few days I found my Windows 10 encountering BSOD, with a few other minor problems I was having, I just decided to do a fresh install. Even during the setup process and ever since the the blue screen still continues. For the sake of it, I have some driver updates and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB5004296 BSOD