Windows 10: Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

Discus and support Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point. The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rumiel, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rumiel Win User

Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point.

The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all that was fixed, I got all my stuff reinstalled, games, everything.

Then I ran into problems with the games. Dragon Age Inquisition is now entirely unplayable, no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall, (meanwhile, eating all my bandwidth since I have a 300GB monthly cap) And plenty of my visual novel games, the videos no longer play, the sound does, but not the video.

After spending months talking with Denpasoft about one of the games, they found that Windows 10 is the issue with a fairly low number of computers. I guess I'm just one of the very unlucky and unhappy few that never gets the help needed to resolve these issues.

It's not my codex packs that are messed up, it's not DirectX that's wrong. So what is the issue and someone PLEASE PROVIDE A VIABLE WORKING SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.

I'm tired of being dragged around in circles for nothing.

Also if there is a solution, I would appreciate step-by-step instructions or a video to follow by as I have a learning disability that makes these issues kind of frustrating for me to fix on limited instructions with....

Best I can say about specs is NOTHING changed between before the Spring 2018 update and after it. I made no changes to hardware other than a new harddrive and moving things from two broken harddrives to the only one working I had left.

I'll add a screenshot of what little specs I know. The only thing not listed is my graphics card, but that's an NVIDIA GE Force 730 card. (Not that I'm rich enough to upgrade it, costing at least $1,000 a card nearly.)

Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update 0dfa6471-0d29-43a6-b896-d9b365293516?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rumiel, Nov 16, 2018

2. Delay the latest update spring 2018

Delay the latest update spring 2018

AntonKretzmer, Nov 16, 2018
  3. mpbdfn Win User
    GB size of 2018 spring update

Gb size spring 2018 update

e?

mpbdfn, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators Update - How to get it now

This years (2018) Spring update has not yet been released. Should be available as early as April 2nd or as late April 9th or 10th.

Please note that since I have not yet installed it since it not yet available the instruction posted are:

1) At this time is temporary and subject to change once the Spring Creators Update (version 1803) is released.

2) Some information is at this time based on last years Fall Creators Update (Version 1709 / Build 16299) and will be updated once this years (2018) Spring Creators Update is released. For now just substitute
    Spring wherever you see the word Fall in the details listed below.

J W Stuart, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

1. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update - Similar Threads - Gaming Issues since

2. Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Insights - inking with surface pen not working since Spring update 2018: Sticky Notes have this very cool feature called "Insights". When you enter a date or a number, it recognizes it and generates a Cortana reminder. The new version of Sticky Notes with the hub for some reason doesn't interact with windows ink. Does anyone know why? You can...
  3. Issues since update on November 21, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues since update on November 21, 2018: Ever since the November 21, 2018 update my computer has been laggy, freezes up for 30 seconds or longer, closes windows/games and reopens them with a black screen but sound can still be heard....
  4. Spring Creators Update 2018

Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  5. Login issues since the May 2018 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login issues since the May 2018 update: Since this update - my tablet, which thankfully I do not use often (as it is next to not possible now) login is extremely slow (click on screen to start login and have to wait minutes before I can enter any "auth" info, and I can no longer use the PIN method. Further,...
  6. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...
  7. Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.

Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.: This is the second time that Windows 10 Spring 2018 has trashed my computer. After the first time, I thought I had disabled Windows 10 from updating. Over the past 5 months Windows 10 has tried to update and crashed every single time. The update freezes at about 83%. After...
  8. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  9. Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update: After the Spring 2018 update I found that an odd delay was happening after login. After system boot from an SSD the login screen appears as fast as it did before, after entering password the desktop and a fairly bare taskbar appear at once. but the app icons I have pinned to...
  10. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.