Windows 10: Gaming laptop flicker screen

Discus and support Gaming laptop flicker screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing games with my gaming laptop. I wanted to download a thing that is safe. When i downloaded my screen flickers purple and black sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kaidaboii, Nov 25, 2021.

1. kaidaboii Win User

Gaming laptop flicker screen

I was playing games with my gaming laptop. I wanted to download a thing that is safe. When i downloaded my screen flickers purple and black sometimes it blocks my screen. When i restart the flicker is gone, but some time it flickers and stops everything. If you ask no I didnt download a virus, because i downloaded on my other laptop and did nothing. Please help me

:)

kaidaboii, Nov 25, 2021
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Gaming laptop flicker screen

Screen Flickering While Playing Games.

Hi Hritik Kandari,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model number of the motherboard?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. What is the name of the game in which you are facing issues with flickering?
    4. Are you facing the flickering issue while normally using Windows?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if the flickering persists.

Method 1:
    Changing The Screen Refresh Rate.

1. Right-click on an empty area on the
      desktop
      > Click on Display settings > Click on
      Advanced display settings
      > Click on Display adapter properties
      for Display.
    2. Go to the Monitor tab and click on the drop-down list under
      Screen refresh rate and select 60 Hertz.
    3. Click on Apply > OK.
    4. Then, go back to the Adapter tab and click on
      List All Modes > Select a display mode you want that has the screen resolution and
      screen refresh rate.
    5. Click on Apply > OK >
      Restart the computer once
      and check if the screen flickering issue persists.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot Screen Flickering In Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Troubleshoot screen flickering
    in Windows 10
    and check if the issue persists.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Gaming laptop flicker screen

1. Gaming laptop flicker screen - Similar Threads - Gaming laptop flicker

2. Screen Flickering and Game Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering and Game Freezing: So I've noticed that when I click the "^" button at the bottom right of the screen, that part flickers. Sometimes, my device manager flickers too. Not only that, when I'm shooting bots and practicing at Valorant my screen loses audio and freezes for a second and it happens...
  3. Gaming laptop flicker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop flicker screen: I was playing games with my gaming laptop. I wanted to download a thing that is safe. When i downloaded my screen flickers purple and black sometimes it blocks my screen. When i restart the flicker is gone, but some time it flickers and stops everything. If you ask no I didnt...
  4. Gaming laptop flicker screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gaming laptop flicker screen: I was playing games with my gaming laptop. I wanted to download a thing that is safe. When i downloaded my screen flickers purple and black sometimes it blocks my screen. When i restart the flicker is gone, but some time it flickers and stops everything. If you ask no I didnt...
  5. laptop screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop screen flickering: i have encountered my laptop screen flicker for last 3-4 day in which half of my screen flickers but when ever i switch to my secondary scrren or turn my laptop scrren and re open it its ok for some time but again starts to flicker i have updated deleted all the drivers and...
  6. Laptop screen flickers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop screen flickers: When I tap my HP laptop it flickers and screen disappears with lines. It does come back but keeps doing it. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-flickers/179ca7b2-ad2d-4570-afff-e10914804b24
  7. Laptop Flickering Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Flickering Screen: I searched online for solutions to fixing my laptop's flickering screen on windows 10, so I tried uninstalling the display driver but that didnt work. In fact, it looks like it got worse, as some settings were reset and i can no longer change the brightness. Are there better...
  8. Screen flickering while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickering while gaming: Hello, My problem is that basically anytime I launch any game the screen with start flickering nonstop. It will work normal for a few seconds, than it will go black, come back for a few seconds in awhile then do the same thing over and over again. The game is running in...
  9. Screen Flickering During Gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Flickering During Gaming: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've experienced cxonstant screen flickering during gaming. I can only really describe it as a weird fluctuation of brightness, in horizontal lines, up and down my monitor. On Counter Strike it seems to have been somewhat solved through V-Sync...
  10. Laptop screen flicker

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen flicker: Hello all, I noticed that the screen on my laptop flickers every now and then. when it does it, it looks like part of the image cuts out or is garbled. Really, it happens to fast to be able to tell for sure. Oddly enough, it seems to always be towards the bottom of the...