Windows 10: Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...

Discus and support Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! So this is a somewhat recent, and very frustrating, occurrence. My laptop is a MSI Pulse GL66 with IntelR UHD Graphics as the integrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IJustwanna_game, Jul 8, 2023.

1. Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...

Hello! So this is a somewhat recent, and very frustrating, occurrence. My laptop is a MSI Pulse GL66 with IntelR UHD Graphics as the integrated graphics card, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 as the dedicated graphics card. For some reason, I've noticed my performance on games that require good graphics like, Hogwarts Legacy for example has been seriously impaired. Task Manager says that these games are running mainly with the integrated card for some reason, like 95-100% integrated, 0-5% dedicated. Obviously, the performance suffers significantly when this happens - I'd like to be able to use

:)

IJustwanna_game, Jul 8, 2023

2. Games running with Integrated Graphics Card instead of Dedicated one

I appreciate your help, but no matter what I try, the game still runs with the Intel video card (when I try to get best settings it's still on low). I attached a pic with the Intel overriding the settings.

Nothing to be done it seems.

Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using... 99685d1485971455t-games-running-integrated-graphics-card-instead-dedicated-one-untitled.png

doriandiaconu, Jul 8, 2023
  3. Games running with Integrated Graphics Card instead of Dedicated one

I got a Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 Laptop, with all the drivers up-to-date (including beta drivers).

http://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/prod...Product%20Info

The laptop features an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 video card and a NVidia GeForce 840M.

The trick is that everytime I'm playing a game that is a bit older (not recognized by NVidia GeForce Experience, it runs with the Integrated Graphics card). And yes, I've tried to set to run globally with the dedicated card.

doriandiaconu, Jul 8, 2023
  4. Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...

How to make games use RAM instead of dedicated video memory space?

I want to maximise my gaming experience on my laptop since my desktop is currently awaiting its new RAM replacement but in order to use super high graphics on some games I need a 4gb dedicated video memory Graphics cards instead of my 2gb dedicated video
    memory Graphics card

KuromouChan, Jul 8, 2023
Thema:

Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...

1. Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using... - Similar Threads - Gaming laptop largely

2. Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...: Hello! So this is a somewhat recent, and very frustrating, occurrence. My laptop is a MSI Pulse GL66 with IntelR UHD Graphics as the integrated graphics card, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 as the dedicated graphics card. For some reason, I've noticed my performance on games...
  3. Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming laptop is largely ignoring my dedicated graphics card, and instead mostly just using...: Hello! So this is a somewhat recent, and very frustrating, occurrence. My laptop is a MSI Pulse GL66 with IntelR UHD Graphics as the integrated graphics card, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 as the dedicated graphics card. For some reason, I've noticed my performance on games...
  4. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  5. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card: I recently reinstall windows on my laptop and since then it's not using the rtx 1050 that's in it, looking at task manager shows 0% usage at all times, with simple videos lagging constantly. I downloaded nvidia geforce experience to update the drivers, and disabled the...
  6. Can't make laptop use dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop is using igpu instead of dedicated graphics

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is using igpu instead of dedicated graphics: my laptop has an ipgu and a dedicated one but it's using the integrated graphics, it switches to the dedicated gpu when under high load but I want it to always use the dedicated gpu and never the igpu. How can I do this? submitted by /u/ThisDoesNotHelp [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptops with a dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptops with a dedicated graphics card: A friend of mine has just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and a dedicated graphics card. I am attaching a few screenshots below so that I can ask you a few questions.1. In PCs a dedicated graphics card is a totally separate piece of hardware, but what about laptops with a...
  9. Cannot use the dedicated graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use the dedicated graphics card: I have an AMD A8 Processor with integrated graphics and a dedicated 2 Gb Graphics card. My rendering and design soft wares need more Vram to run smoothly but currently only use 512MB of Vram. i cannot seem to use the dedicated graphics card in any way how do i enable the...
  10. Games running with Integrated Graphics Card instead of Dedicated one

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games running with Integrated Graphics Card instead of Dedicated one: I got a Lenovo IdeaPad Z50-70 Laptop, with all the drivers up-to-date (including beta drivers). http://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/prod...Product%20Info The laptop features an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 video card and a NVidia GeForce 840M. The trick is that...