Windows 10: Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 HELP!

Discus and support Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 HELP! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My ROG g512lw gaming laptop, equipped with a RTX 2070, 10th gen it, 16gm ram, 240hz 1080p monitor is having issue when not connected to MY monitor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Austenbradbury, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 HELP!

[COLOR=rgba22, 22, 22, 1]My ROG g512lw gaming laptop, equipped with a RTX 2070, 10th gen it, 16gm ram, 240hz 1080p monitor is having issue when not connected to MY monitor, when I run games such as Forza Horizon 4 and Rainbow Six Siege I see in task manager that my CPU is at 100%, my 2070 is at around 15% and my intel graphics is at 50% ish. I have tried setting those applications to run with the 2070 in both NVidia control panel and Microsoft graphics settings. I've been sitting on this problem for months and its almost as if my computer is using some sort of NVidia optimus, but I don't think my card is supported. I have also tried to turn of my intel GPU in the bios but there was no option for it. If anyone encounters the same issue or know how to fix it please let me know, I'm loosing it
    [/COLOR]

:)

Austenbradbury, Apr 17, 2021

2. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. However, to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Does the issue occur with all the games or only with one particular game?
    • Are you aware of any major changes on the computer prior to this issue?

As you have mentioned that the Nvidia drivers are not latest, I suggest you to install the latest drivers and see if that helps to resolve the issue.

Also, I would suggest to disable Intel graphics driver and check the system performance. Please follow the steps to disable Intel graphics driver:

1. Press Windows key + X, this will open the context menu.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right click on Intel graphics driver and click on
      Disable device.
    5. This will disable the Intel graphics driver and all the programs should go through NVidia graphics driver.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 HELP!

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 HELP!

1. Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 HELP! - Similar Threads - Gaming laptop using

2. Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop: The problem is that when I start the laptop with integrated Intel UHD graphics, the screen turns yellow, when I go into Intel graphics management and reset the color settings to factory, everything looks fine,but when you reboot the problem does not disappear. I did...
  3. Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with intel UHD graphics on laptop: The problem is that when I start the laptop with integrated Intel UHD graphics, the screen turns yellow, when I go into Intel graphics management and reset the color settings to factory, everything looks fine,but when you reboot the problem does not disappear. I did...
  4. new intel graphics on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new intel graphics on hp laptop: i try to install from intel but get message that said graphic locked by hp how do i get around this. the driver is foe my 6 gen cpu help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-intel-graphics-on-hp-laptop/64c54640-602f-48d7-bf31-d769657ffae8
  5. Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 GPU1-copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop using both intel graphics and RTX2070 GPU1-copy: My ROG g512lw gaming laptop, equipped with a RTX 2070, 10th gen it, 16gm ram, 240hz 1080p monitor is having issue when not connected to MY monitor, when I run games such as Forza Horizon 4 and Rainbow Six Siege I see in task manager that my CPU is at 100%, my 2070 is at...
  6. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics: After having a blank screen on start up occasionally I decided to uninstall the display driver in Device manager. I shutdown and rebooted and it reinstalled itself and everything seemed ok. I have noticed now that my Intel HD graphic app which I use for setting display...
  7. Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Graphics: What version of the Intel Graphics are in Dell XPS computers? the website is not clear, I am not a gamer but I want it to play 4K video 155654
  8. Need help with Intel HD Graphics

Need help with Intel HD Graphics: Hi everyone I'm new to the forum *Biggrin I just bought an old ThinkPad T410 with the i5 520M and upgraded it to windows 10. But right now I can't install the Intel HD Graphics Driver to it. I've looked around a bit and now I'm quite worried that it's not supported at all...
  9. Laptop with Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia card - when are the two used?

Laptop with Intel HD Graphics + Nvidia card - when are the two used?: Hi, my laptop has both Intel HD Graphics 530 and a NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 940M card I've realised that the latter's tray icon always seems to report 'inactive' if I hover over the icon. How do I know if it's ever used, and in what circumstances should I expect it to be...
  10. How to use Intel HD Graphics as default?

How to use Intel HD Graphics as default?: Hello, *UPDATE: I used AMD removal tool to remove any trace of AMD previously installed stuff, and now I managed to reinstall AMD drivers. So far so good* I installed the AMD graphics (It's a laptop), and then the laptop stopped working (Windows stuck at the welcome...