Windows 10: Gaming makes my mouse stutter, causes lag and beeping sounds are coming out of my speakers

Discus and support Gaming makes my mouse stutter, causes lag and beeping sounds are coming out of my speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently bought a new PC and while playing some games I keep getting this weird beeping sound followed by my mouse stuttering/lagging and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Meph1sto, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Meph1sto Win User

Gaming makes my mouse stutter, causes lag and beeping sounds are coming out of my speakers

Hello, I recently bought a new PC and while playing some games I keep getting this weird beeping sound followed by my mouse stuttering/lagging and being unresponsive which makes it basically impossible to enjoy gaming.

Heres an example video of another person having a similar problem: https://v.redd.it/74vlt0t1d0o31.

The only difference to my problem though is, that I get a random amount of beeping starting at one in a random interval.

I've already tried to switch to another mouse but the issue prevails.

I tested different USB drives already and it didn't help aswell as updating everything I could find in the device manager.

My specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)​

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)​

System Manufacturer: HP​

System Model: OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1xxx​

BIOS: F.11 (type: UEFI)​

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.0GHz​

Memory: 16384MB RAM​

Available OS Memory: 16258MB RAM​

Page File: 8185MB used, 11016MB available​

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS​

DirectX Version: DirectX 12​

DX Setup Parameters: Not found​

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)​

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)​

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled​

Miracast: Available, with HDCP​

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported​

DirectX Database Version: Unknown​

DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0329 64bit Unicode​

If there is any other question please let me know and thanks in advance.​

:)

Meph1sto, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Kay Es Win User

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Sep 26, 2019
  3. DanielYQ Win User
    Mouse Beeping and Lagging

My mouse is doing a random beep sound when I move it.

And it often lags.

I really need help, I cannot work with a bad mouse.

Thanks,

Daniel

DanielYQ, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Gaming makes my mouse stutter, causes lag and beeping sounds are coming out of my speakers

Mouse lag/stutter playing games in Windows 10

Since I got this computer:

• i5 7600K 3.80Ghz
    • 16 RAM Single channel 1069 Mhz
    • STRIX Z270E mobo
    • PG348Q Monitor
    • GTX 1080 Zotac
    • 500 GB SSD Western Digital

I haven't been able to play smooth any games with a mouse. It does work well with an Xbox controller via USB tho. Quite an irony. The micro stuttering or lag happens when I use the mouse - it is unplayable and gives some headache with the time. It does happen in single and multiplayer and the FPS are not a problem, no drops and its steady well above 60.

While in game, if I use the keyboard to move around or I use the Xbox controller everything goes well, the issue shows up as soon as I move the mouse to look around. After a lot of googling and 2 weeks of installing OSs and trying everything, my guess is that the issue is related to the mouse polling rate. The feeling is clearly different to lag or fps drops but close enough for me to call it stutter or lag, not sure if there is a specific term. The software Mouse Rate Checker shows an average of 90Hz.

I've tried overclocking the mouse polling rate but no effort yet. In case it might be something different, what are your ideas? What could it be?

The OS and Nvidia drivers I've tried are:

Windows 10 64 - I've tried the Education N version, up to date and a doggy Pro one which haven't updated, just in case, which currently is in 1511 (just before anniversary update).
    Nvidia drivers: have tried the last 2 versions (I can't recall the exact v. number of the previous one, I think it had a "28" at the end).

willem_tee, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Gaming makes my mouse stutter, causes lag and beeping sounds are coming out of my speakers

1. Gaming makes my mouse stutter, causes lag and beeping sounds are coming out of my speakers - Similar Threads - Gaming makes mouse

2. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  3. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps: My mouse pad has being lagging of late the laptop freezeson it's own and only the mouse point moves Aside that nothing works not even the keyboard . It doesn't move like the normal movement of a its glitches and then the laptop makes a continuous beeping sound like...
  4. Mouse lagging and causing continuous beeps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my mouse is randomly beeping and lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my mouse is randomly beeping and lagging: I have 5 mice 1 is wireless and 4 is wired and every one of them can randomly beep and lag my whole system causing it to randomly black my screen, any help? submitted by /u/Fuzzy_Drop8480 [link] [comments]...
  6. Sound stutter and mouse lag

Sound stutter and mouse lag: I've had the same build with windows 10 for months, no issues until a few weeks ago where my audio started stuttering. This is the most obvious symptom, but when it happens, any video I might be playing also lags, and the mouse movement lags as well. It happens a few times an...
  7. Mouse Lagging and Beeping

Mouse Lagging and Beeping: I'm having an issue, a big part of the issue is I'm not entirely sure how to describe it properly. It seems like my mouse sometimes the keyboard too will temporarily freeze for half a second or maybe 2 before then completing all the inputs I had given during that time, for...
  8. why their is no sound coming out of my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why their is no sound coming out of my speakers: their is no sound coming out of my speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-their-is-no-sound-coming-out-of-my-speakers/679b7133-c8fa-4802-80ab-8eeead8ad7f0
  9. Mouse Beeping and Lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Beeping and Lagging: Okay so this seems to be a bit of an old glitch, but I still have it going on to me. I play Minecraft on a hp laptop, decent quality. Everyone has been saying that this was because of an Xbox controller plugin, though I've never once used one on my laptop. What occurs is...
  10. Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound

Random Mouse lagging And beeping sound: Random mouse beeps and lag randomly happen whatever I am doing on my PC, especially when clicking fast, not my mouse as issue happens whatever mouse I seem to use. Started happening a couple months ago. Specs: Omen Laptop GTX 1060 6GB I5 8GB DDR4...