Windows 10: Gaming mouse

Discus and support Gaming mouse in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently playing Kingdom Come with a Kensington Orbit trackball. It's OK--I haven't found anything that I couldn't do. But I think there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DWFII, Nov 11, 2020.

1. DWFII Win User

Gaming mouse

I am currently playing Kingdom Come with a Kensington Orbit trackball. It's OK--I haven't found anything that I couldn't do. But I think there is a small amount of lag in the primary buttons. So I'm looking for something a bit more responsive.

I also have an old Dell five button mouse with scroll wheel. It has a feature where you can adjust the dpi...which, IIRC, I've been told is needed for lockpicking and pickpocketing. I tried it out the other day top see if there was less lag in the button response than with my trackball. I think the Dell is definitely better. The L&R buttons on either side of the scroll wheel are fine. But the buttons on the side are so small and so high on the body of the mouse that they are near-as-nevermind unusable for me. Plus the software to program the side buttons has been discontinued, I believe. That's why I'm looking.

Right now I'm looking at two--the Logitech 403 Hero and the Razer Deathadder 2013. Everything I've read suggests the build quality on the Razer is better than the Logitech. Both have large rubber buttons on the side --a plus compared to the Dell and a lot of other gaming mice on the market. I think those large buttons would be better if they don't take too great an effort to click. I want to assign the 'block' function in KCD to one of them.

The Logitech can go down to 100dpi, on the fly. It was also tested on a wood grain desktop (my situation) .The Razer bottoms out at 200dpi and I'm not sure it can do it on the fly. Many other mice, such as the Redragon don't get any lower than 800dpi. Both boast higher max dpi than either of my current solutions.

I don't want to spend a lot on this mouse. I think around $40. But if I can get a 'pre-owned ' from Ebay, that might be doable.

bottom line--I don't know a lot about gaming mice so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

:)

DWFII, Nov 11, 2020

2. Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Gaming mouse

Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

i cannot find 'advance' option in this game (see the screenshot attached, it says unavailable). now what should i do?

Gaming mouse fa91cfdf-75b1-404b-8a93-fff3b272c2fe.png

Divyanshu Ranjan Srivastava, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Gaming mouse

1. Gaming mouse - Similar Threads - Gaming mouse

2. Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox: Hey recently i starte playing shooting games, I have noticed that on roblox especially when im playing shooting games and i look down or up my mouse cursor goes onto the taskbar ruining everything. Please can you fix this, Im looking forward to you getting back to me....
  3. Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox: Hey recently i starte playing shooting games, I have noticed that on roblox especially when im playing shooting games and i look down or up my mouse cursor goes onto the taskbar ruining everything. Please can you fix this, Im looking forward to you getting back to me....
  4. Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...: Hello,I recently updated my Windows 11 system, and since then, I've encountered a couple of issues that I hope to get some advice on.Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: After the latest Windows 11 update, the cursor in Cossacks 3 has...
  5. Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...

Issues with Mouse Cursor Visibility in computer game and Internet Connection Icon...: Hello,I recently updated my Windows 11 system, and since then, I've encountered a couple of issues that I hope to get some advice on.Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: Invisible Mouse Cursor in Cossacks 3: After the latest Windows 11 update, the cursor in Cossacks 3 has...
  6. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...
  7. Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.

Mouse cursor and keyboard freeze while Windows 11 processes and all apps/games continue to run.: Hi, guys.My mouse cursor and keyboard freeze randomly while Windows 11 processes and apps keep running. I can see the clock showing live time, if I'm in a game, it continues to run but I can't move my cursor or use my keyboard. I can only force shut down laptop from Power...
  8. Windows 11 has removed part of mouse use in vintage game play. Characters will not turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has removed part of mouse use in vintage game play. Characters will not turn...: I recently purchased a gaming laptop HP preloaded with Windows 11. I have a number of vintage games loaded via Dosbox that worked well on Windows 10. However, now none of the characters in the games will turn left or right with the mouse, only by keyboard direction keys. I...
  9. Windows 11 has removed part of mouse use in vintage game play. Characters will not turn...

Windows 11 has removed part of mouse use in vintage game play. Characters will not turn...: I recently purchased a gaming laptop HP preloaded with Windows 11. I have a number of vintage games loaded via Dosbox that worked well on Windows 10. However, now none of the characters in the games will turn left or right with the mouse, only by keyboard direction keys. I...
  10. How do I fix mouse freezing while in a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix mouse freezing while in a game?: For the past 2 months or so I've had this repeated problem while playing any game no matter how strenuous it is on my GPU where it simply freezes in place for a second and then goes back to normal. This happens anywhere from every 10 minutes to once every 30 seconds. I've...