Windows 10: Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

Discus and support Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It first happened half an year ago... my Cougar Revenger mouse stopped working properly: everything was fine except the left button and the wheel. From... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AgustínBulzomi, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

It first happened half an year ago... my Cougar Revenger mouse stopped working properly: everything was fine except the left button and the wheel. From time to time it would suddenly work again, but after a moment those two parts stopped responding.

After two weeks without any solution from Cougar, I was about to give up. I knew it was a software issue, but couldn't figure out what it was. I had tried EVERYTHING: I'm not talking "reinstall mouse driver, rollback driver, reinstall gaming software, reinstall Windows", I did A LOT. Tough weeks. Suddenly, November update popped up and it was simultaneous: I installed it and the mouse worked perfectly ever since. Not a single problem... until ten days ago.

I tried the mouse in other computers and it works. Also, I enabled Windows fast startup and, if the mouse is not working, when shuting down the computer and turning it on that way, the mouse works for less than 5 seconds until the problem begins again, so it's a Windows software issue. When I restart, the mouse stops working after more time, randomly. Is there a way in which I can know what happened in the back so I can check which background process, service or whatever happens the second it stops working?

I've heard about Clean boot and disabling services by groups until you spot THE one but it takes a lot of time so I wanted to check other options first.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AgustínBulzomi, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ron215 Win User

Left mouse click randomly stops working Windows 10 64bit

I have a gaming rig with Ttesports by Thermaltake keyboard and mouse combo. Everything appeared to work great until recently the mouse Left click randomly stops working. This is a fresh install of windows 10
    64bit. I began to notice this during gaming and after exiting the game the Left mouse click seemed to be "picky" on what it would let me click on. I have to hit the power button to shut the computer down and restart and all is well again
    until randomly the Left click gets picky again. Mouse drivers are MS drivers and no drivers came with the combo. I know in the past MS has had issues with 64bit support device drivers.

I have tried:

Drivers that don't seem to exist from Tremaltake - sent them an email (tried legacy drivers form web)

Different mouse - same results - several hard wired/wireless (might try the PS2 port type mouse)

Thanks in advance for any advice or help

Ron215, Jun 10, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Mouse wheel too sensitive In edge

Hello Christopher,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To address your concern, you may adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • On the left pane, click on Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options.
    • Go to the Wheel tab to adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

Standard MS Mouse scroll wheel just stopped working

Hi pjaj43,

The mouse scroll wheel suddenly stopped working might be due to a variety of reasons. One of which is due to outdated mouse device driver.

That being said, have you checked from your mouse driver manufacturer's website if they have a latest update for your mouse device?

What were the recent changes made on your PC before the mouse device started to not work?

Have you tried unplugging the mouse device, rebooting the PC, then plug the mouse device again? Did the same issue occur?

Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?

In the meantime, let's run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by
      drop-down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

1. Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working - Similar Threads - Gaming mouse's left

2. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  3. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  4. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  5. Mouse randomly stops clicking left and right both while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops clicking left and right both while gaming: HiMy mouse randomly stops clicking for a few seconds in game and after a lot of clicks it starts working again but not long to stop clicking again ... I installed Thymesia on my PC. Might it be because of the game ?! The only difference now has from the last game I played are...
  6. Mouse randomly stops clicking left and right both while gaming

Mouse randomly stops clicking left and right both while gaming: HiMy mouse randomly stops clicking for a few seconds in game and after a lot of clicks it starts working again but not long to stop clicking again ... I installed Thymesia on my PC. Might it be because of the game ?! The only difference now has from the last game I played are...
  7. Mouse left click not working

Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  8. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  9. Left and Right click randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click randomly stop working: Since a few days ago my left and right click buttons randomly stop working. I have a Genesis Xenon 770 and when ever this happens the RGB lights freeze but I can still move my cursor around the screen only I can't use any buttons. Any ideas? The only workaround is to reach...
  10. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix): Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right...