Windows 10: Gaming Notebook randomly crashes

Discus and support Gaming Notebook randomly crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, a year ago I bought an Acer Predator Helios 500, a very powerful gaming notebook with an i9 processor. I use it mostly to play MMORPG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PCohiba, Oct 24, 2019.

1. PCohiba Win User

Gaming Notebook randomly crashes

Hi everyone,

a year ago I bought an Acer Predator Helios 500, a very powerful gaming notebook with an i9 processor.

I use it mostly to play MMORPG games, which are not super taxing usually and don't have incredible graphics or anything.

The issue I have is that while playing I sometimes get a random blank screen or screen freeze and then the laptop immediately restarts.

Usually when it happens and I restart it crashes again soon after... but sometimes it also crashes out of the blue when I barely even used the laptop and just started playing (makes me assume it can't be heat, but not sure)

Once I had a bluescreen with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED but usually I get nothing and it just restarts.

When I check in event log I find a bunch of errors... but honestly I have no idea which of them is the cause and my research on none of them has been useful in any way.

The error codes I get are always:

and then after the startup

7023 for a Killer Network Service x64 crash on startup

7031 for a second Killer Network Service x64 crash and additional restart of the service

I believe that either the 6008 or the 161 are causing the crash, because the other errors are chronologically after the laptop restarts itself.

I believe there is some issue with the processor or CPU, since the laptop never manages to create any dump files. I tried all sorts of different types but none are ever created. I would be super grateful if anyone has any suggestions what I can do, so that I don't have to send it in for an annoyingly long repair. I have experience with repair service... most of the time they just wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows and then tell me it's fixed without any proper testing. As this error is incredibly inconsistent (sometimes after 3 mins of playing, sometimes after 10+ hours) I believe it's very hard to repair via trial and error. I tried hundreds of solutions I found online and it still happens.

The error reports I got here in xml (sorry for the german words, i tried translating):

Protokollname: System

Quelle: EventLog

Datum: 24.10.2019 10:29:38

Ereignis-ID: 6008

Aufgabenkategorie:Keine (none)

Ebene: Fehler (error)

Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch (classic)

Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend (does not apply)

Computer: LAPTOP-E0JT3CFF

Beschreibung:

Das System wurde zuvor am ‎24.‎10.‎2019 um 10:08:18 unerwartet heruntergefahren. (previous unexpected shutdown)

Ereignis-XML:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="EventLog" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-24T08:29:38.183011100Z" />

<EventRecordID>51586989</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>LAPTOP-E0JT3CFF</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>10:08:18</Data>

<Data>‎24.‎10.‎2019</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>191</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Binary>E3070A00040018000A0008001200A803E3070A0004001800080008001200A803600900003C000000010000006009000000000000B00400000100000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

And the second one:

Protokollname: System

Quelle: volmgr

Datum: 24.10.2019 10:29:30

Ereignis-ID: 161

Aufgabenkategorie:Keine

Ebene: Fehler

Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch

Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend

Computer: LAPTOP-E0JT3CFF

Beschreibung:

Erstellung einer Abbilddatei aufgrund eines Fehlers beim Erstellen der Abbildkopie fehlgeschlagen.

Ereignis-XML:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="volmgr" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49156">161</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-24T08:29:30.534263200Z" />

<EventRecordID>51586994</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>LAPTOP-E0JT3CFF</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\HarddiskVolume4</Data>

<Binary>000000000100000000000000A10004C081000200010000C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

PCohiba, Oct 24, 2019

2. Win 10 randomly kills games

Hi Laurynas,

To help you with your issue, we suggest you refer to the links below to get information about compatible games with Windows 10, and troubleshooting steps for crashing game issues:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 24, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Gaming Notebook randomly crashes - Similar Threads - Gaming Notebook randomly

2. All games crashing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games crashing randomly: My PC is crashing whenever I play any games. When I play MW3 it freezes and sometimes I can tab out to prevent BSOD, and sometimes I can't. Sometimes it gives me an error message, and other times it doesn't. Mini dumps here: PC CrashWhen I play EAFC 24 every time I play the...
  3. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  4. HP notebook misbehaving with random freezes, BSoDs and crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP notebook misbehaving with random freezes, BSoDs and crashes: Product: HP 15-R006tx Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-BitYesterday I booted my notebook after a couple of days and it worked perfectly for 15-20 minutes but then it suddenly gave a BSOD which was stuck at 0% for 10 minutes and I had to restart the...
  5. HP notebook misbehaving with random freezes, BSoDs and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP notebook misbehaving with random freezes, BSoDs and crashes: Product: HP 15-R006tx Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-BitYesterday I booted my notebook after a couple of days and it worked perfectly for 15-20 minutes but then it suddenly gave a BSOD which was stuck at 0% for 10 minutes and I had to restart the...
  6. HP notebook misbehaving with random freezes, BSoDs and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Random game flickers and crashes

Random game flickers and crashes: So when play any gamethis is Driver San Francisco, over time these things happen, it like flickers, and sometimes it just freezes. And when I play Minecraft it also does that and crashes.[ATTACH]...
  8. Random Game crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Game crashes: I am having random crashes of games on my laptop while playing on chargingIt usually crashes within 10-15 minutes.The game runs on my integrated intel graphics cardWhen I disabled amd driver in device manager and played but not on my radeon graphics card. I have reinstalled...
  9. Games and Spotify Crashing Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games and Spotify Crashing Randomly: I'm trying to troubleshoot why both games that I'm playing, and Spotify are crashing recently. I've experienced this crash before, but the solution I tried this time didn't fix it. The crash is seemingly random (although possibly related to graphics/audio drivers?), the...
  10. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Gaming and Random Crashes.: Hi, After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game,...