Windows 10: Gaming : optimizing experience

Discus and support Gaming : optimizing experience in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear support team, I contact you as I would like to opitmize my gaming experience on Fortnite. Due to slowness, I have just rebooted my laptop. (It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SébastienA, May 11, 2019.

1. Gaming : optimizing experience

Dear support team,

I contact you as I would like to opitmize my gaming experience on Fortnite.

Due to slowness, I have just rebooted my laptop. (It used to work quite well)

Should I reinstall graphic Drivers or other drivers ?

What can I do to increase the speed of the laptop.

I think the laptop has potential, given its characteristics so thanks in advance for the helpful support !

Sébastien

Processor : Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.60 GHz

Memory : 6.00 Go (5.9 Go remaining)

Sytem : 64 bits, processor x64

:)

SébastienA, May 11, 2019

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, May 11, 2019
  3. Delivery Optimization using my internet even tho i closed it

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you turn off delivery optimization. Here's how:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Select Choose how updates are delivered.
    • If you don't want to download updates from PCs on the Internet, select
      PCs on my local network.

Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, May 11, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Gaming : optimizing experience

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Gaming : optimizing experience

1. Gaming : optimizing experience - Similar Threads - Gaming optimizing experience

2. Fullscreen optimizations for gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen optimizations for gaming: [ATTACH] Good day. So I've been curious about this fullscreen optimization feature and what it actually does. I've read somewhere else that it may even break things or cause apps to work worse. I've been trying to fix this issue where, I'm playing genshin impact in...
  3. GeForce Experience cannot optimize Games on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    GeForce Experience cannot optimize Games on Windows PC: [ATTACH]When you launch the GeForce Experience app on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming PC, you may see the following notification; Game cannot be optimized, Game is not optimized or GeForce Experience can’t optimize games on this PC. This post provides the most suitable...
  4. Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Worth optimizing regedit for gaming?: Is it worth changing some values in regedit/registry to "optimize" windows for gaming? As well as disabling certain stuff such as dvr etc... You know all those videos with optimizing packs and stuff submitted by /u/krisstijan [link] [comments]...
  5. windows 10 optimization for gaming??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 optimization for gaming??: hello I just spend 2 days looking for a good optimization for gaming guide for windows 10 but I can't find anything can actually notable increase my gaming performance any good suggestions? here is my PC specs Motherboard: Asus TUF SABERTOOTH 990FX R3.0 CPU: FX 8350...
  6. Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wise Memory Optimizer (Sharing an experience): Greetings, With my typical tasks I can manage Windows 10 on 8Gbs of RAM. However I have noticed that if I don't keep an eye on how much RAM and Standby RAM are in use -- things will get a little jittery as it begins to max out. This topic when I was a Mac user is as...
  7. optimization for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optimization for gaming: How about a stripped down OS streamline for gaming or a startup setting for such a configuration? I just don't need a ton of excess services and media support to play a game, it just bogs me down.... I usually just wind up killing unwanted processes but this sometimes has...
  8. Optimize Microsoft 365 with the new setup experience

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize Microsoft 365 with the new setup experience: Get the most out of the services you purchased and ensure your users are secure and productive with a new, proactive approach to onboarding and configuration. The Microsoft 365 setup experience was designed for modern IT teams, whether you're a small business or a large...
  9. Resolution in the game is not optimal 3840x1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution in the game is not optimal 3840x1080: Hello everyone, I just played NFS Payback from the origin with specifications: -1080Ti -Samsung Monitor CHG90 (49", 32:9 , 3840x1080) The problem is the resolution is not optimal, if I play at the highest resolution (3840 x 1080), the image will be truncated, and not fit....
  10. gaming optimization tweaks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming optimization tweaks: hi, i am starting getting into gaming on my laptop, my laptop hasnt got the best specs for gaming and would like to know if ut of there's any settings i can tweak to get the most the experience. specs are: i7 2.9ghz, 12gb ram, amd 7570m radeon hd. hp elitebook 8470p....