Windows 10: Gaming PC keeps freezing

Discus and support Gaming PC keeps freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bought my son gaming pc for christmas but it keeps freezing when I try to do 1909 update, watch youtube or try to install fortnite. Not sure what info... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tabitha69, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Tabitha69 Win User

Gaming PC keeps freezing

Bought my son gaming pc for christmas but it keeps freezing when I try to do 1909 update, watch youtube or try to install fortnite. Not sure what info to provide. Running windows 10 pro, tried to update with assistant and it froze. American Megatrends at startup. Seems like freeze happens when i try to download or watch video. Let me know what info i need to provide for assistance.

:)

Tabitha69, Dec 28, 2019

2. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Games keep freezing

The games that I play keep freezing up, is there any reason to this problem? during mid game it just freezes then unfreezes

-1nf1n1ty-, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Gaming PC keeps freezing

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Gaming PC keeps freezing

1. Gaming PC keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Gaming keeps freezing

2. Pc keeps freezing everytime I play a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc keeps freezing everytime I play a game: My computer keeps on freezing every time I play a game, I launch the game and 1 or 2 minutes in my computer just freezes and I have to manually restart it by pressing the power button....
  3. Games keep freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep freezing: Hi ,today I decided to install one of my old games and play it batman Arkham city and I realized it kept freezing and when I checked task manager ,I noticed that the game is not using any of my GPU and disk,I checked it with other games GTA IV and hitman absolution and it was...
  4. Games keep freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep freezing: Hi ,today I decided to install one of my old games and play it batman Arkham city and I realized it kept freezing and when I checked task manager ,I noticed that the game is not using any of my GPU and disk,I checked it with other games GTA IV and hitman absolution and it was...
  5. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

PC keeps freezing and crashing during games: Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran...
  6. PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing: so I did the latest windows 10 update and ever since I did it my pc will freeze for a second every 5 ish seconds I don't know if its my mouse because i check for driver updates and nothing i uninstalled my mouse and that didn't fix it (new mouse as well). I also just...
  7. Games keep freezing

Games keep freezing: So my PC has this really annoying problem where my games randomly freeze. I did the sfc /scannow command and my Windows is up to date. I also did everything here: https://windowsreport.com/apps-freeze-windows-10 Please help...
  8. PC keeps freezing when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing when playing games: Recently my pc has started freezing when playing games but in a weird way. At first my pc would just freeze outright after a few hours of playing games but i could still hear audio from the game and my friends talking on discord. but now the moment i open a game, first my...
  9. Game keeps freezing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game keeps freezing: I use a controller and a headphone connected via Bluetooth to play games. A couple of days ago the issue appeared: the game freezes but starts working after a while. When the game is frozen, the controller loses connection but the headphone works. However before long, it...
  10. My PC keeps freezing while gaming or idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing while gaming or idle.: My PC freezes when it is idle or when i play games, i cant move my mouse , i cant do anything. i have to force restart it. I've tried many method but none of then worked. 114720