Windows 10: Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t.

Discus and support Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, so on every pc I have ever had I always set it to auto sleep after 2 hours. Never had a problem on any other computer of mine. On my new pc, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TotallyTupac, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t.

Hey all, so on every pc I have ever had I always set it to auto sleep after 2 hours. Never had a problem on any other computer of mine. On my new pc, I set it to auto sleep after two hours and never had any issues with it doing that. I went on a 2 week trip and ofc turned off my pc entirely. I came back home turned it on to play some games and went out for a few hours. I came back home and saw it wasn’t asleep and I thought it was a bit weird but didn’t do anything about it. The next day it was still doing that so I got fed up and researched the problem. I changed the multimedia sharing setting or whatever to “allow to sleep”, turned off dynamic sleep mode (sorry I forget the exact name but hope you know what I mean) and did basically every fix in the book, still no luck, and I know it’s not my mouse or keyboard because they never caused an issue before. Someone please help me, this is so annoying. Also scanned my pc for viruses or anything and it came back clean. I never download anything online anyways so I don’t worry about viruses or anything software related.

submitted by /u/TotallyTupac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TotallyTupac, Jan 9, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 9, 2020
  3. PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hello

I have Dell core i5(7th generation). I am using windows 10. My system goes to sleep automatically sometimes. I have increased sleep set time but still I doesn't work. I usually happens while playing video game on my laptop. The game keep on running but system
    goes to sleep and I continues when I log in again.

Please suggest any solution for this problem.

Thank You.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

HamzaMinhas1, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t.

Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t.

1. Gaming pc used to go to sleep automatically with no problem, now it doesn’t. - Similar Threads - Gaming used sleep

2. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  3. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  4. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC doesn’t go to start screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC doesn’t go to start screen?: I’m probably just dumb, but my pc doesn’t go to start. It just shows mobo manufacturer, then goes straight to Home Screen. Is there anyway to not show the mobo (asrock b450m pro4) and also boot to start instead of straight to Home Screen? submitted by /u/Croohk [link]...
  6. Pc not going to sleep

Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  7. PC is not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is not going to sleep: My computer is waking up on its own. I tried to fix it but failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-not-going-to-sleep/57a3cf27-eb2b-4880-a222-c5c341c6c877
  8. wol from S3 sleep doesn’t go

wol from S3 sleep doesn’t go: i thought it’s more difficult to wol from shutdown state. But my desktop pc wols from power off state. Insted, it does’t wake from sleep state. usb keyboard-strike or mouse-click could wake from sleep, so it must be in S3 sleep i guess. Any advise pls ? submitted by...
  9. PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  10. PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will not automatically go to sleep after upgrade: Hi all, After upgrading to Windows 10, my PC will not go to sleep automatically nor will the displays turn off after the specified time (10 minutes). If I put it to sleep manually from the Start menu, it will go to sleep and usually stays that way until manually woken up....