Windows 10: Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the love of God, help me. My specs: HP Omen Laptop Intel i5-7300HQ nVidia GTX1060 6GB Max Q 8GB RAM 120Hz g-sync enabled screen I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by w3wl4d, Oct 21, 2019.

1. w3wl4d Win User

Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this?

For the love of God, help me.

My specs:

HP Omen Laptop

Intel i5-7300HQ

nVidia GTX1060 6GB Max Q

8GB RAM

120Hz g-sync enabled screen

I've had this laptop for over a year and it's never given me any problems. Unfortunately after updating to Windows 1903 its game performance has gotten destroyed. Games are now very stuttery and strange whereas before they were super smooth. I don't play demanding games either, just old FPS's like Doom and Quake running on modern source ports.

I've been wrestling with my laptop for like two weeks now trying to fix it but as yet I've been unsuccessful. I've updated my drivers from nVidia, I've tried old drivers from nVidia, gotten all Microsoft updates, I've tried different Windows versions, including upcoming Insider Program builds, and I've now downgraded to 1809 (clean install) hoping it would fix it but it didn't. I don't know what version of Windows I had before the 1903 upgrade though. I'm at my wit's end now... really wish I didn't get 1903 as everything was perfect before.

I hope you can help me out, thanks in advance.

:)

w3wl4d, Oct 21, 2019

2. Solitaire game performance issues on Windows 10.

Hi David,

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Game files and folders corrupted or missing in the computer.
    • Uninstalled game updates on the PC.
    • Corrupted user profile.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you check for the game updates from Windows Store?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system.

Method 1: Run Windows apps troubleshooter to
    check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Method 2: Check if any pending game and store updates are to be installed on the computer by following the steps below:

• Open Windows Store and click on the user profile name located at the top right of the window.
    • Select Downloads and updates from the options.
    • Click on Check for updates from the window and check if you have any pending updates to be installed.
    • After the pending updates are installed, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 3: If the issue persists, uninstall and re-install the game by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and click on
      All apps
      located at the bottom left corner of the Start menu.
    • Locate the game from the list, right click and select Uninstall from the context menu.
    • Go to Windows Store, search the game, install and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of Solitaire game issue experienced on the PC in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 21, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Awful performance out of nowhere

Please describe a couple of " awful performances" as examples.

davidhk, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this?

Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this?

1. Gaming performance has become awful after Windows Update. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Gaming performance has

2. How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop: I bought my acer swift x back in January of 2022. I used it to game for a few months until I got a real gaming desktop, and I always used my acer plugged in. I stopped using it as frequently, but recently I started using it for school back in august of this year. When I first...
  3. How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop: I bought my acer swift x back in January of 2022. I used it to game for a few months until I got a real gaming desktop, and I always used my acer plugged in. I stopped using it as frequently, but recently I started using it for school back in august of this year. When I first...
  4. How do I fix The performance monitor error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix The performance monitor error?: I have a windows 10 64 bit and when I try to test my performance of the laptop it gives me an error that a data collector set or one of its dependencies is already being used. How do I fix this?...
  5. How do I fix The performance monitor error?

How do I fix The performance monitor error?: I have a windows 10 64 bit and when I try to test my performance of the laptop it gives me an error that a data collector set or one of its dependencies is already being used. How do I fix this?...
  6. How to fix awful battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix awful battery life: My battery life on my surface pro 5 only lasts about 10-20 minutes fully charged, even with brightness to the lowest, battery saver on 24/7, and no background apps running. When I test the maximum capacity of my battery, it is different every time, usually from 10% of the...
  7. games play in awful fps if plugged in is set to max performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games play in awful fps if plugged in is set to max performance: So i had this problem for a long while and couldn't find any solution. So my graphics card runs games really poorly when plugged in because its set on max performance but if i change it to max battery life the lagging and fps drops stop. What causes this and how can i fix it?...
  8. games play in awful fps if plugged in is set to max performance

games play in awful fps if plugged in is set to max performance: So i had this problem for a long while and couldn't find any solution. So my graphics card runs games really poorly when plugged in because its set on max performance but if i change it to max battery life the lagging and fps drops stop. What causes this and how can i fix it?...
  9. how do i fix stuttering in my game after the new update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i fix stuttering in my game after the new update?: My games started to lag and now unplayable after the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-stuttering-in-my-game-after-the-new/dbdf1c39-3bb9-4577-983c-1073056627ee
  10. Awful performance out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Awful performance out of nowhere: I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago and it was great until today. I checked device manager and my drivers are fine I checked to make sure that my disk or ram usage was not high and I have no clue why I am having issues with performance. I have a core i5 4690k, 16gb of...