Windows 10: Gaming service is not starting on Win10

Discus and support Gaming service is not starting on Win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've bought Gears 5 for PC and after many troubles to install it through Microsoft store almost 2weeks of install, delete....., the new problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nicolas tavernier, May 8, 2020.

1. Gaming service is not starting on Win10

Hi,

I've bought Gears 5 for PC and after many troubles to install it through Microsoft store almost 2weeks of install, delete....., the new problem is that Gaming service isn't starting on my pc.

I've tried everything I found on Internt such as

- reinstall it through powershell

- repair Microsoft Store

- clear Microsoft store cache

- uninstall the game

- check for Windows update

I don't know how I can fix this and I don't understand how is it so hard to install a native Microsoft service properly...

All your help will be welcome.

Nicolas Tavernier

:)

nicolas tavernier, May 8, 2020

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 8, 2020
  3. unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2020
  4. Gaming service is not starting on Win10

John Daly's Prostroke Golf Game & WIN10.

Hi,

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using the physical copy or digital version of the game?
    • Have you tried running other games and check if the same thing occurs?
    We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Catherine Cus., May 8, 2020
Thema:

Gaming service is not starting on Win10

1. Gaming service is not starting on Win10 - Similar Threads - Gaming service starting

2. Gaming services won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services won't start: So frustrated to have these issue left unsolved for such long time. Gaming services can't start with an error code 1060. Already tried everything I can get.Actually the question is the same with...
  3. Gaming services won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming services won't start: So frustrated to have these issue left unsolved for such long time. Gaming services can't start with an error code 1060. Already tried everything I can get.Actually the question is the same with...
  4. Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services: Gaming Services has two entries in the services application. One of them is able to run, but the other one gives me Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. I've tried reinstalling Gaming Services as well as repairing/resetting it. Any help...
  5. Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services

Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services: Gaming Services has two entries in the services application. One of them is able to run, but the other one gives me Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. I've tried reinstalling Gaming Services as well as repairing/resetting it. Any help...
  6. Gaming Services won't start

Gaming Services won't start: Hi,I upgraded my mobo and cpu which required a win10 reinstall.Since I did this the Xbox app won't download any non EA games simply stating error 0x00000001 - it does this after a few seconds.I tried many things to solve this, following guides in forums and one of these...
  7. Problems with Win10 Freezing while starting games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Win10 Freezing while starting games: I built my computer back in Sept, and it's had Win10 on it since then, but just this last week (starting 3/29) it has begun to freeze when I try loading up games like Dead by Daylight or AC: Odyssey. It doesn't have any problems with other games like Magic: The Gathering...
  8. Gaming Services won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services won't start: So I've been trying to install games that require administrator access from Xbox Game Pass PC (Beta), and I constantly get the error 0x80070005. Now I've uninstalled gaming services and tried to install the game and it doesn't get that error anymore, but won't actually get...
  9. Could not start "Windows Installer" Service in Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could not start "Windows Installer" Service in Win10: Hi, I'm not able to start the "Windows Installer" service in windows 10. It gives the much popular error in the below screen shot. I have tried various steps mentioned on blogs like re-registering the service but nothing is working. Because of this I'm not able to install...
  10. BSOD win10 System_error_exception when starting a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD win10 System_error_exception when starting a game: Hi,firstly I want to apologize for my enligsh if it's hard to read,I am not english-speaker ... So,at sunday I upgraded my win8.1 to win10 and problems started popping up.After 2-3 days I solved most of them,but this one still bothers me.Its happening only when I start a...