Windows 10: Gaming services completely broken

Discus and support Gaming services completely broken in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm sure this problem has cropped up countless times, but I've tried every method I can find short of doing a full windows reset. Every time I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZillionJester 42, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Gaming services completely broken

I'm sure this problem has cropped up countless times, but I've tried every method I can find short of doing a full windows reset. Every time I open the box app my library is empty. Trying to install a new game prompts me to install gaming services. When you click install, the gaming services starts to update within the Microsoft store app, but a few seconds later stops updating and disappears. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both gaming services and the xbox app, used PowerShell commands, and repaired/reset both apps within settings but nothing has fixed the issue. I am on Windows 11.

:)

ZillionJester 42, Mar 21, 2023
  2. ACBlank Win User

Microsoft Service Blocking Games

What I meant by disabling Microsoft services was the following:

• Leaving "Hide Microsoft Services" unchecked, disable all services
    • Check "Hide Microsoft Services", enable all services
    • Un-check "Hide Microsoft Services", ensure most are still disabled (the ones that cannot be disabled were left enabled).
    This solved the issue for both the games, and the display settings pane.

I have also tried a proper clean boot, disabling all non-MS services, and also disabling any MS services related to "Display", "Graphics", "XBox", and "Gaming" - this did not solve the issue.

Re-registering the settings app did not solve the issue.

Uninstalling the display driver with DDU and reinstalling with the latest AMD driver did not solve the issues.

Turning off non-MS services does not solve the issues (troubleshooting step 4).

Malwarebytes and Bitdefender premium both report no infections (step 7).

SFC and DISM report no issues (step 10).

New Local Admin account does not solve the issues (Step 17).

I am in the process of preparing the Repair Install, and will report back once complete.

ACBlank, Mar 21, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Gaming services completely broken :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 21, 2023
  4. W1zzard Win User

Gaming services completely broken

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Gaming services completely broken

1. Gaming services completely broken - Similar Threads - Gaming services completely

2. Authenticator completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticator completely broken: What is going on with authenticator?? We already have an issue that has gone on for a year where our passwords will NEVER sync between devices, now after an update Windows Hello has completely disappeared and we are forced to login or use keys. Using keys on our other devices...
  3. Authenticator completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticator completely broken: What is going on with authenticator?? We already have an issue that has gone for year where our passwords will NEVER sync between devices, now after an update Windows Hello has completely disappeared and we are forced to login or use keys. Using keys on our other devices...
  4. Gaming services completely broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services completely broken: I'm sure this problem has cropped up countless times, but I've tried every method I can find short of doing a full windows reset. Every time I open the box app my library is empty. Trying to install a new game prompts me to install gaming services. When you click install, the...
  5. Gaming Services unexpected termination, complete pc freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services unexpected termination, complete pc freeze.: So when playing league of legends the other day, my pc weirdly froze up, i could still hear my music but my second monitor went black and everything was unresponsive. So i was forced to reboot, event viewer showed me that the critical error wad gaming services being...
  6. Windows is completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is completely broken.: Last week my pc crashed and kept crashing with 5 different codes each time. IO1 error, stop_watch error or something like that, system32 errors. And it’s funny cause I’ve reinstalled windows 2 damn times, one of them wiping my m.2 and hard drive. After updating it a second...
  7. Gaming Services is broken and does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Services is broken and does not work: I've already tried the Powershell option, but it does not let me do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-services-is-broken-and-does-not-work/8ca0ba16-4858-4a54-8297-acd97a33ba03
  8. WiFi completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi completely broken: Now I have no fucking clue what could be causing this, but my fucking WiFi just keeps losing connection and it says "No Internet". This is not an issue on my end, not at fucking all, so don't even suggest it, because on literally any Linux Distro I haven't encountered even a...
  9. Win10 HyperV service 'mostly but not completely broken' after 1803 upgrade...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 HyperV service 'mostly but not completely broken' after 1803 upgrade...: It's very strange... I have a couple of linux server VMs running in my local dev workstation here. ( we also have a HyperV core server installation on-premises, but it's too loaded up to add any more VMs to it...) Deleted one the other day, and tried to restore......
  10. Store is completely broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store is completely broken: All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes...